Sorry, this job was closed 22 days ago. See all open MANAGER SUPPLY CHAIN Jobs in Beltsville, MD
Materials Manager (Supply Chain Manager)
Benefits OfferedDental, Life, Vision, Medical, 401K
The Manager of Materials is responsible for utilizing analytic, forecasting and negotiation skills to procure goods, materials and services on favorable terms that contribute to the bottom line of the organization. It is a role that requires a high-level of internal customer intimacy, communication and service, as well as cross-functional collaboration.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Develops and Manages Vendor Relationships. Leads supplier selections in coordination with Engineering and Operations.
• Defines commodity strategies for each part of the business to meet quality, cost, and delivery products, while minimizing stock/cash commitments.
• Manages supplier RFP process (when applicable), including data and competitive analyses
• Leads contract negotiations on key suppliers to secure consistent and competitive pricing.
• Supports and works closely with the procurement team to ensure supplier performance is in line with required and contracted terms.
• Drives Process and develops, communicates and manages policies, procedures and processes for the Purchasing function.
• Identifies and implements improvement opportunities to achieve financial goals, drive performance and business results.
• Provide weekly status and timely inputs to production and engineering for open PO's.
• Attend production meetings to provide real time input regarding supplier status and take actions as necessary to reconcile critical path drivers caused by supplier delivery forecasts.
• Works with the Quality department to ensure that all vendors have appropriate quality systems and regular auditing is completed through prioritization based on spend and risk.
• Monitors monthly metrics and inventory/tracking and monitors suppliers performance to assess ability to meet cost, quality and on-time delivery requirements.
• Provides department management ensuring a positive and productive work environment.
• Manages the training and development of the purchasing staff to maximize their effectiveness and productivity.
• Other duties may be assigned, as needed.
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
• Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
• Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
• Communication, Written and Oral - Ability to communicate verbally and in writing clearly and concisely.
•Change Management - Ability to encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
• Conflict Resolution - Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
• Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
• Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Purchasing, Production/Operations Management or other related field
Experience: 3 plus years of experience in purchasing and/or supply chain in a manufacturing environment and people management experience
Computer Skills: Strong computer skills, ideally with experience using Windows-based PC programs.
Familiarity with Sage 100 is a plus.
Other Requirements: Effective negotiation skills and general knowledge of purchasing best practices.
About Antenna Research Associates , Inc.:
At Antenna Research , we design, develop, and manufacture Antennas and RF Systems for both military and civilian applications. ARA supplies antennas for Communication Networks, RF Surveillance, RF Jamming, Public Safety Networks, and Civilian markets.
Antennas optimized for specific bands, as well as multi-octave antenna systems are available for fixed, mobile, and tactical applications. ARA supplies unique antenna systems in both High Volume quantities and smaller order quantities. We have supplied tens of thousands of antennas for over 50 years.
Posted date: 1 month ago
Browse Manager Supply Chain jobs in Beltsville, Maryland:
Supply Chain Management Policy Support SME NEW!
CLR, Inc in Arlington, VA
Posted 18 hours ago on ZipRecruiter
Inventory Specialist/ Supply Chain NEW!
Logistics Support Inc. in Arlington, VA
Posted 2 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Supply Chain Analyst Baltimore, MD
Ajilon Professional Staffing in Baltimore, MD
Posted 10 days ago on ZipRecruiter