Sorry, this job was closed 1 month ago.
Job functions: Evaluates manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; soliciting observations from manufacturing personnel. Essential functions to include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Develop and implement plans and schedules in supporting Manufacturing processes.
· Report project status to senior manager on a monthly basis, as required.
· Formally identify, assess, monitor and mitigate risk throughout the manufacturing product lifecycle. Obtains approval prior to making decisions that will cause deterioration of established product costs and schedule objectives.
· Development and implement corrective action plans when deviations from budgets and/or schedules are evident. Seek senior management assistance in resolving schedule and budget problems as they arise.
· Coordinates and implements new engineering principles and concepts and validates production readiness.
· Implements manufacturing plans.
· Analyzes design/build concepts, to evaluate engineering drawings are in a production design state.
· Investigates alternative solutions to meet production requirements.
· Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
· Create a base line for continuous improvement in manufacturing processes.
· Assists in providing input to the program team to ensure that production activities and delivery requirements are included in our manufacturing processes.
· Calculates the effects of tolerances, locating methods and assembly sequences. Reviews and confirms that process capabilities match variation analysis requirements.
· Evaluates manufacturing data and analyzes change proposals for variation impacts. Coordinates requirements with internal team members and departments.
· Must have a BS in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering
· Minimum of 3 – 5 years of product manufacturing experience
· Must have SolidWorks experience and ability to access drawings, reading drawings, understating BOMs & maintaining product configuration.
· Be a liaison between engineering and operations, by checking customer configuration to internal product configuration and making any changes necessary before production starts manufacturing.
· Must have experience or working knowledge of engineering design, maintenance, mechanical design, CAD, machine shop practices, and manufacturing products
· Six Sigma Certification is desired from the candidate, but not required.
· Must have problem solving skills
· Familiar with CRM systems and practices
· Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
· Excellent communication skills and ability to provide training to employees.
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
Mechanical Engineering top skills & proficiencies:
· People oriented and Listening Skills
· Resolving Conflict
· Multitasking and Organizational Skills
· Positive Attitude
· Attention to Detail
· Problem Solving
· Ability to Work Under Pressure
· Computer Skills
At Antenna Research , we design, develop, and manufacture Antennas and RF Systems for both military and civilian applications. ARA supplies antennas for Communication Networks, RF Surveillance, RF Jamming, Public Safety Networks, and Civilian markets.
Antennas optimized for specific bands, as well as multi-octave antenna systems are available for fixed, mobile, and tactical applications. ARA supplies unique antenna systems in both High Volume quantities and smaller order quantities. We have supplied tens of thousands of antennas for over 50 years.
Company address: 11850 Baltimore Avenue, Beltsville MD 20705
Posted date: 1 month ago
Browse Manufacturing Engineer jobs in Beltsville MD USA:
Capital Staffing in Washington, DC
Posted 2 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Eaton Corporation in Beltsville, MD
Posted 1 month ago on Market Intelligence Jobs - DEA
Northrop Grumman in Baltimore, MD
Posted 6 days ago on Market Intelligence Jobs - DEA