Sorry, this job was closed 5 months ago. See all open Electrical Engineer Jobs in Beltsville, MD
Design, develop, test components and/or systems for commercial, industrial, military, or scientific use.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Design, implement, maintain, and improve electrical instruments, equipment, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
• Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction, and installation standards and
• Inspect completed installations and observe operations to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
• Plan and implement research methodology and procedures to apply principles of electrical theory to engineering projects.
• Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
• Coordinate manufacturing, installation, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications and customer requirements.
• Confer with engineers, customers, and others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects and products.
• Prepare and study technical drawings, specifications of electrical systems, and topographical maps to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
• Compile data and write reports regarding existing and potential engineering studies and projects.
• Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
• Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
• Conceptual Thinking - Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Research Skills - Ability to design and conduct a systematic, objective, and critical investigation.
• Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
Experience: 2 plus years of experience
Other Requirements: Knowledge of design and construction of microwave antennas including; reflectors and horns, dipole and patch antennas, arrays, and omni-directional antennas. Experience in test methods and antenna trouble
At Antenna Research , we design, develop, and manufacture Antennas and RF Systems for both military and civilian applications. ARA supplies antennas for Communication Networks, RF Surveillance, RF Jamming, Public Safety Networks, and Civilian markets.
Antennas optimized for specific bands, as well as multi-octave antenna systems are available for fixed, mobile, and tactical applications. ARA supplies unique antenna systems in both High Volume quantities and smaller order quantities. We have supplied tens of thousands of antennas for over 50 years.
Posted 5 months ago
Browse Electrical Engineer jobs in Beltsville, Maryland: