Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Recruitment Assistant Jobs in New York, NY
The Recruitment Assistant is responsible for assisting the HR Associate with recruiting, selecting, and developing positions based on organizational and operational needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and develop a pool of qualified candidates by researching and contacting community services, colleges, internet recruiting sources, and computer databases.
- Attract applicants by placing advertisement of available positions on job sites—internally and externally.
- Determine applicant qualifications by reviewing resumes, interviewing applicants, analyzing responses, verifying personal references, and comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Assist in performing background checks, drug tests, and employment verifications.
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Acquire a basic understanding of the Company's organizational structure, policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree
- Must have a minimum of 1 year experience in recruitment process.
- Extensive knowledge of federal, state and local laws regarding employment practices.
- Proficient in Excel, MS Word; using Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of a HRIS a plus.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and work independently.
- Ability to handle confidential information with sensitivity and integrity.
- Must be well organized, detailed-oriented and flexible.
REPORTS TO: Human Resources Associate
SALARY: Commensurate with experience.
OVERTIME: This position is eligible for overtime.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Animal Care & Control of New York City is committed to being an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate because of race, color, creed, gender, religion, national origin, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, or sexual orientation. Accommodations will be provided to qualified individuals requiring them.
About Animal Care and Control of New York City:
Animal Care & Control of NYC (AC&C) is the largest pet organization in the northeast, rescuing nearly 34,000 each year. As a not-for-profit since 1995, AC&C is under contract with the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) to rescue, care for and find loving homes for homeless and abandoned animals in NYC. To service all NYC communities, AC&C operates facilities in all five boroughs (See our Locations). AC&C is a Full Service animal organization that takes in any animal in need in NYC.
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Recruitment Assistant jobs in New York, New York:
Glocap in New York, NY
Posted 28 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Recruitment Assistant (Temp-to-Perm)
Frink Hamlett Legal Solutions, Inc. in New York, NY
Posted 18 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Supplemental Health Care in New York, NY
Posted 14 days ago on ZipRecruiter