Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open IT Helpdesk Jobs in New York, NY
IT Helpdesk Assistant
The Helpdesk Assistant is responsible for assisting the IT team and staff at multiple locations on a variety of IT concerns, including but not limited to PCs, electronic communications, hardware and maintenance for all systems within the organization.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Diagnose helpdesk service requests for assistance with hardware issues: computers, desk phones, cell phones, stamp machines, credit card machines, scanners, printers, and other electronic devices.
- Clean, service, and repair computers and other electronic devices.
- Install hardware devices and other firmware.
- Install PC software as directed by other members of the helpdesk staff.
- Act as a backup for other members of the IT Team as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate IT Degree or A+ certification or 2 years proven experience installing, repairing and servicing PC Hardware and software.
- Prioritize and organize time effectively and work positively in response to a high workload or requests made at short notice.
- Ability to lift computer hardware (50 lbs.) is mandatory.
- Thorough knowledge of PC software, Microsoft Suite and database.
- Must be a team-player who can work successfully with other departments and all levels of clientele and personnel.
- Frequent travel within the 5 boroughs of New York City. Lifting of delivered supplies is required. While performing the duties of the position, the employee may be exposed to odors or airborne particles, including animal fur and toxic chemicals. On Call – IT helpdesk assistant may be called after hours to diagnose helpdesk issues.
- Public emergencies: AC&C is part of the City of New York Emergency Management System and the position may require working during public emergencies.
REPORTS TO: Chief Information Officer
SALARY: F/T 12 per hour with benefits package.
OVERTIME: This position is eligible for overtime.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Animal Care & Control of New York City is committed to being an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate because of race, color, creed, gender, religion, national origin, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, or sexual orientation. Accommodations will be provided to qualified individuals requiring them.
About Animal Care and Control of New York City:
Animal Care & Control of NYC (AC&C) is the largest pet organization in the northeast, rescuing nearly 34,000 each year. As a not-for-profit since 1995, AC&C is under contract with the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) to rescue, care for and find loving homes for homeless and abandoned animals in NYC. To service all NYC communities, AC&C operates facilities in all five boroughs (See our Locations). AC&C is a Full Service animal organization that takes in any animal in need in NYC.
Posted 4 years ago
Browse IT Helpdesk jobs in New York, New York:
Audio Visual Helpdesk Technician - Global Financial Company
Technical Operations, Inc. in New York, NY
Posted 7 days ago on ZipRecruiter
SMB IT Managed Services Provider - Help Desk Position
RCS Professional Services in New York, NY
Posted 20 days ago on ZipRecruiter
IT Help- desk Technician/Desktop Support (Temporary)
Company Confidential in Brooklyn, NY
Posted 4 days ago on ZipRecruiter