Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Development Assistant Jobs in New York, NY
The Development Assistant is responsible for providing support to the development team. This includes event coordination, database management, preliminary reports, drafting grants, and managing relationships with our current and prospective donors.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process donor gifts, prepare and mail acknowledgment letters
- Open mail, copy checks, and prepare bank deposit slips
- Manage and update the donor database
- Generate fundraising and other database reports; create mail merges, and various related projects
- Conduct prospect research, analyze data and information, and compile reports on current or prospective donors
- Clean-up and import donor data from various sources
- Respond to donor inquiries as assigned
- Provide administrative support to the division such as answering inquiries, filing, making copies, ordering supplies etc.
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum Associate’s Degree
- Proficient in Excel, MS Word data entry, and creating and designing reports with experience using Outlook and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of a Donor Database, preferably Raiser’s Edge and/or Donor Perfect.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team player.
- Ability to handle confidential donor information with sensitivity and integrity
- Must be well organized, detailed oriented and flexible
REPORTS TO: Director of Development and Communications
OVERTIME: This position is not eligible for overtime.
Salary: Full Time 17 per Hour with benefits package.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Animal Care & Control of New York City is committed to being an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate because of race, color, creed, gender, religion, national origin, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, or sexual orientation. Accommodations will be provided to qualified individuals requiring them.
About Animal Care and Control of New York City:
Animal Care & Control of NYC (AC&C) is the largest pet organization in the northeast, rescuing nearly 34,000 each year. As a not-for-profit since 1995, AC&C is under contract with the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) to rescue, care for and find loving homes for homeless and abandoned animals in NYC. To service all NYC communities, AC&C operates facilities in all five boroughs (See our Locations). AC&C is a Full Service animal organization that takes in any animal in need in NYC.
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Development Assistant jobs in New York, New York: