The Call Center Supervisor is responsible to develop, oversee, and supervise daily operations of the Call Center.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement and train the Call Center Staff on AC&C policy and procedures.
- Address public complaints from the general public in a timely, efficient and professional manner.
- Demonstrate, model and ensure excellent customer service to the public regarding AC&C goals, responsible pet ownership, and general animal-related issues.
- Answer phones, dispatch calls to drivers, and perform routine responsibilities as a member of Call Center staff.
- Serve as a liaison between AC&C and 311- related communication and duties.
- Work collaboratively with AC&C volunteers and partners.
- Assist with development and implementation of programs and scripts for AC&C telephone systems.
- Oversee, supervise and motivate Call Center Staff through positive communication and feedback.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED; college degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of customer service experience in a high volume Call Center.
- Experience supervising and training customer service representatives.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on fielding complaints and problem resolution.
- Ability to handle challenging, highly emotional customer service situations, including diffusing confrontational exchanges.
- Experience with hand-held verbal communication equipment.
- Experience with animal-related issues.
- Basic computer skills; animal database a plus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Primary place of work will be at the Call Center in a business office environment. Noise level in office may be loud during heavy call volume periods. On Call duties may be required.
REPORTS TO: Call Center Manager
SALARY: Commensurate with experience.
OVERTIME: This position is exempt from overtime.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
About Animal Care and Control of New York City:
Animal Care & Control of NYC (AC&C) is the largest pet organization in the northeast, rescuing nearly 34,000 each year. As a not-for-profit since 1995, AC&C is under contract with the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) to rescue, care for and find loving homes for homeless and abandoned animals in NYC. To service all NYC communities, AC&C operates facilities in all five boroughs (See our Locations). AC&C is a Full Service animal organization that takes in any animal in need in NYC.
Posted 3 years ago