The Call Center Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the call center and ensuring prompt response of call center staff to deliver exceptional customer service, handle phone inquiries, address public complaints, and dispatching, in conjunction with Field Operations.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, implement, and train Call Center Supervisor and staff on policy and procedures.
- Respond to communication inquiries from general public and other agencies via telephone and email.
- Ensures staff is held accountable to the processes through a progressive discipline approach. Responsible for hiring, firing, coaching, evaluations and implementing training programs.
- Address public complaints in a timely, efficient and professional manner.
- Compile monthly statistics via Call Center Monitoring and Information systems.
- Continually uphold communication with Development Department and distribute media information to staff via email.
- Develop and maintain efficient and accurate field staff daily work schedules, overtime, leave requests, time and attendance reports. Review and complete Care Center payroll records.
- Provide leadership to Call Center staff in providing excellent, informative customer service to public and other agencies.
- Prioritize requests for service and emergencies based on needs of operations.
- Develop and implement programs and scripts for AC&C telephone systems.
- Handle heavy usage of telephone lines and computers.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- College degree preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of customer service experience in high volume call setting.
- Experience in managing staff and training customer service representatives.
- Excellent, listening, verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on fielding complaints and problem resolution.
- Ability to handle challenging, highly emotional customer service situations, including diffusing confrontational exchanges.
- Experience with hand-held verbal communication equipment.
- Experience with animal-related issues.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Primary place of work will be at the Call Center in a business office environment. Noise level in office may be loud during heavy call volume periods. On Call duties may be required.
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director of Operations.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
OVERTIME: This position is exempt from overtime.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
About Animal Care and Control of New York City:
Animal Care & Control of NYC (AC&C) is the largest pet organization in the northeast, rescuing nearly 34,000 each year. As a not-for-profit since 1995, AC&C is under contract with the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) to rescue, care for and find loving homes for homeless and abandoned animals in NYC. To service all NYC communities, AC&C operates facilities in all five boroughs (See our Locations). AC&C is a Full Service animal organization that takes in any animal in need in NYC.