Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
Support all areas in their security needs and be an integral part of the facility needs. Establish working relationships with clients and local police and fire departments. Demonstrate and abide by Andy Frain Services Core Values and the operating principles set forth, while maintaining 100% compliance w/all staff training. Observe and reports activities and incidents providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel. Security Guards/Officers must possess and maintain a professional image and must demonstrate strong leadership skills.
Essential functions may vary depending on department size, organizational structure and/or geographic location. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job. Other duties, not listed below, may also be assigned.
· The delivery of quality service and positive interaction with our customers is critical to the completion of all the tasks within this job description. The ability to greet all visitors, vendors, and employees; while continuously maintaining the standards of excellence in presentation and professionalism. Customer Service is Every Employee’s Job!
· Demonstrate proficiency in knowledge of the facility.
· Maintain a working knowledge of all emergency policies, procedures and regulations; respond immediately to emergency alarms or calls for help, determine course of action, notify appropriate authorities and assist as needed.
· Supervise daily activities of security staff.
· Provide effective post order training to security staff.
· Administer facility security program and implement security procedures and guidelines.
· Work closely and establish working relationship with law enforcement agency personnel.
· Monitor crowd behavior and maintain/restore crowd control throughout venue.
· Secure assigned post locations.
· “Observe and Report” all incidents and accidents. Confront and resolve incidents to successful conclusion. Identify and eject spectators as per customer guidelines and complete all incident reports.
· Be diligent and vigilant in security and safety awareness.
· Enforce AFS Uniform and Appearance Policy.
· Develop and recommend new procedures and approaches to safety and loss prevention based on reports of incidents, accidents, and other relevant information.
· Ensure that the safety program is followed and implement security/safety improvements that benefit the company’s assets, visitors, tenants, and employees as directed.
· These functions are not limited to these listed and may be expanded upon at any time, however it will be mutually agreed upon.
The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position. Please note that the minimum qualifications may vary based upon the department size and/or geographic location.
· Minimum of 21 years of age.
· Must be willing to submit to a background and drug screening where required; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
· Security, military or law enforcement experience preferred.
· Ability to obtain State security guard license.
· High School Diploma and/or equivalent.
· Two (2) or more years supervisory experience.
· State Guard license is required.
· CPR and First Aid Certification a plus.
· Ability to positively and effectively interact with the public.
· Constant and dedicated vigilance.
· Strong customer service orientation, exemplifying our Mission Statement.
· Ability to facilitate progressive change, getting along with other employees, following directions and continually improving.
· Clear and effective oral and written communications skills.
· Capable in leading the company in defining and implementing Security strategies.
In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or other customers. Pushing/pulling/carrying lifting may include up to 25 lbs (event evacuation), stair climbing. Ability to sit, twist, turn, bend as required to perform duties within the facility. Must be capable of standing for long periods of time.
This description portrays in general terms the type and level(s) of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor the specific duties of any one incumbent. Andy Frain Services reserves the right to modify, supplement, delete or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in the position description, in the Company’s sole and absolute discretion. Duties other than those expressly specified may be assigned from time to time.
Andy Frain Services (AFS), headquartered in Aurora, Illinois, is a full-service provider of security and event management services. Since 1924, we have serviced the security requirements of all levels of government and many Fortune 500 companies in such industries as ports of call, airports, transportation, chemical facilities, commercial buildings, etc.
Our national portfolio of services includes armed and unarmed uniformed security, consulting, patrol officers, surveillance monitoring, special event security, training, and disaster and emergency response services. In an economy filled with financial uncertainty, Andy Frain Services is expanding and poised for rapid international growth within our global community.