Yard Supervisor needed in Lumber! Job #1627
Location: Western Nebraska
Compensation: Very Competitive
This position is responsible for the daily loading and unloading and production of the work orders in the yard. Making sure that the production staff is adequately given information to produce the wood in a timely & accurate manner.
Coordinate and direct trams for unloading - Daily coordination with plant manager
* Direct trailers for loading - Daily coordination with plant manager
* Direct railcars for loading - Daily coordination with plant manager
* Direct top loaders for loading and unloading - Daily coordination with plant manager
* Direct processing of work orders on skids - Daily coordination with plant manager
* Direct processing of work orders thru shaver - Daily coordination with plant manager
* Consistently check on the yard employees to make sure they are following all paperwork procedures in an accurate and efficient manner.
* Daily direction of employees to assigned tasks.
* Make sure framing, yard change reports are filed & correct.
* Assist with random QC audits to assure quality workmanship in all work orders.
* Train new employees in job duties, assist in cross training employees in secondary job duties (Other than treating and QC).
* Direct drivers for loading & unloading trams for treating - Daily coordination with plant manager
* Daily attendance to shipping meeting with.
* Writing up all the load slips & marry up work order to communicate to Freight Coordinator the dates scheduled for shipment. Freight Coordinator will make all trucking dispatch calls. (Possible computer generated load tickets)
* Any loads in which carriers are being changed need to be approved by Freight Coordinator or Logistics Analyst.
* Attendance at weekly production meeting is required.
* Attendance is required at any other meetings as deemed necessary by management.
* Assist in enforcement of all company procedures & safety rules.
* Any other responsibilities that are deemed necessary by management.
* This position is responsible for filling out the AIR Report (Accident Investigation Report) for any and all accidents that occur on company time and company property. This report needs to be submitted to HR & Safety.
* Direct kilns for loading and unloading.
BOTTOM-LINE REQUIREMENTS: (Candidates must answer)
1. 4 year degree preferred.
2. Supervisory experience in the lumber industry or similar.
About Anderson Recruiting Associates:
National recruiting firm paid by the employers
Posted 3 years ago