Plant Manager needed in Lumber! Job #1626
Location: Western Nebraska
Compensation: Very Competitive
Plant Manager-Manage, direct and coordinate operations of the plant to achieve production objectives in an efficient manner while maintaining a safe working environment
* Develop and foster a "safety first" culture. Establish expectations for a safe and clean working environment
* Manage production schedule to include shipping schedule/framing schedule/treating schedule
* Schedule and conduct plant meetings as necessary
* Oversee plant Quality control and Safety
* Develop and execute improvement initiatives for quality, cost savings, development of personnel, efficiency etc
* Develop and maintain well trained motivated staff at adequate levels to meet production needs. Ensure cross training is utilized to prepare for vacations, unexpected vacancies, promotability, etc
* Ensure all plant assets are properly managed and maintained
* Monitor expenses to keep costs within budget and initiate corrective action procedures to bring costs in line where necessary
* Ensure plant operations are consistent with established policies and procedures
* Special projects as assigned
* Review plant invoices, packing slips, etc for accuracy and approve for payment
* Monitor shipping department for accuracy and correct any issues as they arise.
* Coach and train yard supervisor to work within established parameters to meet and exceed manufacturing/shipping goals
* Consistently work with the office team to establish good & positive communication and ensure coordination of appropriate paperwork flow to keep inventories accurate, billing up to date, credits received etc.
* Good communication with the sales staff to ensure maximum capacity of the plant is being utilized and production is meeting customer specs and deadlines on a consistent basis. Ensure corrective action is being taken on all issues pertaining to quality and shipping.
BOTTOM-LINE REQUIREMENTS: (Candidates must answer)
1. 4 year degree preferred.
2. Plant Manager level experience in the lumber industry or similar.