Compliance Risk Officer needed in Banking! Job #1666
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Compensation: Very Competitive
This position is responsible for execution and oversight of compliance programs including determination of adequacy and/or development of controls to ensure compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations, performing risk assessments, and monitoring/testing for compliance with regulatory requirements. In addition, it is responsible for managing the compliance programs across various business lines and products to identify compliance risks associated with a particular business line's activities and the scope and frequency of compliance monitoring activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage and perform compliance risk assessments relative to all federal and state regulations, and analyze information and results to identify level of risk within business lines and products.
2. Monitor pending state and federal legislation, and communicate status of relevant pending legislation and enacted legislation pertaining to business operations and coordinate the implementation and compliance with such legislation.
3. Interface with executive management to advise of new and changing regulatory risks.
4. Implement and manage compliance systems and carries out the compliance plan.
5. Conduct compliance audits of various departments for the entire organization.
6. Respond to requests and coordinate communications with the various regulatory agencies, customers, executive management and the boards of directors.
7. Serve as the primary contact with all regulatory examiners during compliance examinations of all charters. Respond to all compliance issues noted by internal, external, federal and state regulatory examinations.
8. Manage and coordinate effective follow-up processes for examinations and audit exceptions.
9. Develop, implement and oversee full compliance of policies and procedures to ensure an effective compliance program.
10. Develop and maintain current compliance audit programs-writing new compliance audit programs and updating existing audit programs as regulatory changes or requirements occur.
11. Review and/or prepare detailed reports of audit findings, presenting any irregularities or exceptions to Senior Management and Bank's Board of Directors.
12. Update internal compliance training programs as needed, implementing internal compliance training programs into all applicable functions.
13. Perform regular audits of all appropriate areas and work with the bank staff in preparing for examinations and audits.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
This position requires Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or Accounting and 5 years' experience in compliance and regulatory role within the bank or 10 years of experience in compliance and regulatory role. Previous experience in external auditing role and FDIC examiner role is preferred. This position requires strong interpersonal skills, must be detail oriented and organized. Personal computer skills (Microsoft Office, inclusive of Word, Excel, and Outlook) and experience with database and calculators. Excellent spelling, grammar and communication skills in a courteous, professional, tactful and concise manner.
BOTTOM-LINE REQUIREMENTS: (Candidates must answer)
1. Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or Accounting.
2. Previous experience as an examiner with FDIC and/or worked in auditing firms that work with banks.
3. In the general St. Louis area.
About Anderson Recruiting Associates:
National recruiting firm paid by the employers
Posted 3 years ago
Finance and Insurance,