Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Histotechnologist Jobs in Henderson, NV
Night shift opportunity with sign on bonus and relocation assistance available!
As a Histotechnologist, you will perform the daily activities as described below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs routine and non-routine activities involved in the preparation of slides for
microscopic evaluation by pathologist(s), according to policies and procedures.
2. Capable of performing all of the duties/responsibilities of a Histotechnician I/II and Histotechnologist I.
3. Ensure proper accessioning and labeling of all tissue samples.
4. Process paperwork associated with accessioning and reporting.
5. May perform gross tissue examination (high complexity testing) if meets personnel qualifications set forth by the 1988 CLIA CFR 493.1489 and the corporate Minimum Qualifications for Personnel Performing Gross Tissue Examinations SOP.
6. Ensure proper tissue processing.
7. Embed processed tissue in paraffin.
8. Perform microtomy of embedded tissue.
9. Prepare slides for routine Hematoxylin and Eosin staining.
10. Perform coverslipping of stained slides either manually or automated.
11. Prepare solutions and reagents for special stain procedures.
12. Obtain and validate control tissue used in special stains.
13. Perform all special stain procedures.
14. May prepare solutions and reagents for IHC procedures.
15. May obtain and validate control material used in IHC procedures.
16. May perform IHC testing.
17. Perform filing of finished blocks and slides.
18. Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment.
19. Provide training and guidance to Histotechnicians/Histotechnologists, students and lab aides.
20. Adhere to laboratory’s quality control policies, and documents all quality control activities;
has the ability to recognize outliers and correct them.
21. Differentiate acceptable and unacceptable processing, embedding, cutting and staining of
22. May be required to develop, execute, or validate new procedures.
23. Capable of identifying problems that may affect test performance or reporting of test
results and resolve or immediately report to histology supervisor/manager, technical
supervisor, or director.
24. Capable of providing coverage in the absence of the histology supervisor/manager or lead
Histotechnologist for a limited period of time.
25. Ensure all corporate safety, quality control and quality assurance standards are met.
26. Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP regulations.
27. Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
28. Other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
Meets all requirements as outlined in Corporate Minimum Qualifications for Histotechnician.
AS degree or equivalent training and experience
3-6 years experience as a Histotechnologist I
HT OR HTL (ASCP)
Key Word Search: accession, lable, Hematoxylin, Eosin, staining, reporting, coverslip, stain, IHC, troubleshoot, microtomy.
About Ampian Staffing:
At Ampian Staffing, we match your unique skills with the right opportunity. We have been working with professionals just like you for over a decade and we take pride in helping people find the right match for their skills.
Nestled in the Rocky Mountains in the greater Salt Lake area, Ampian Staffing, Inc., is a comprehensive staffing organization with in-depth expertise in the Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire arenas. Our firm provides high-level, skilled, and qualified individuals in Technology, Healthcare, Engineering, Executive Management, and Financial industries to name just a few. With years of experience, our professional staff maintains the highest levels of skill and professionalism, while delivering results that exceed expectations. With your best interests in mind, Ampian Staffing is committed to precisely matching experience and opportunity, and making sure your success stay in pace with your ambition.
Posted 4 years ago