Last online 15 hours ago
About Us: The American Small Business Alliance, Inc. is a leading service-disabled veteran-owned event planning and management organization that is built upon the premise of providing superior customer service to our array of diversified clients worldwide.
We are searching for an outgoing and personable Customer Service and Telesales Specialist to join the team!
Under the general direction of the Sales Manager and in accordance with established protocols and procedures, the Customer Service and Telesales Specialist will be responsible for calling business’ and private entities to market exhibitor space and sponsorship's along with providing event information about some of the most important federal and corporate events across the United States. The Customer Service and Telesales Specialist must have the drive, vision, and tenacity contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related goals.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Telesales to educate and influence businesses and private entities to participate in outreach events by following a prepared sales talk that informs potential attendees, exhibitors and sponsors of the benefits of attending conferences hosted by both government and corporate entities.
2. Completes orders by recording information and purchases; refers orders for filling.
3. Secures information by completing database backups.
4. Send outreach emails daily through our sales platform to leads that you generate.
5. Provides exceptional customer service to all potential participants as it relates to questions regarding registration, purpose of event, marking opportunities via sponsorship and more.
6. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
7. Acts as second-in-line phone support for Front Desk when necessary.
8. Other duties as assigned.
1. Experience in event sales is preferred but not necessary
2. At least one (1) year of sales experience
3. High School Diploma
4. Customer service experience
5. Knowledge and experience with multi-line telephones
6. Excellent time management and both strong written and verbal communication skills
7. Proficient in Microsoft products and applications
Work is in a normal office environment where there are no physical discomforts due to temperature, noise, dust, etc. Frequent prolonged use of computer screen may produce visual fatigue. Work requires attention to detail, flexibility, and meeting strict deadlines, which may produce mental fatigue. Position may require frequent sitting.
**The above is intended to describe the general content and requirements of the job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of responsibilities or requirements.
To succeed in this position you must have:
-Excellent attendance and dependability
-Flexibility – time to time the job may require work in excess of the standard 8-hour day, weekend, and/or evening work.
-Motivation and dedication
-Persistence and a strong work ethic
-Be team-oriented and results driven
-Be polite, professional and capable of handling angry customers, rejection and uncomfortable situations