Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Mechanical Engineer Jobs in Portland, OR
Facilities Mechanical Engineer
In this position, you will be responsible for overseeing the planning, design, reconfiguration, construction, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, facilities systems. Area of focus will initially be on maintaining safe and reliable chiller/boiler plant operations and documentation of design/operations for chiller/boiler plant.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Responsible for ensuring ongoing physical maintenance and safety of the building and its facilities support systems
- Responding to customer and/or client requests or events as they occur
- Developing solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgment
- Providing mechanical engineering and predictive maintenance leadership to the Oregon site sustaining organizations in support of Oregon Corporate Services safety, reliability, quality, environmental, and cost objectives
- Responsible for safety in area of influence
- Ensuring mechanical systems operate as intended without impact; optimizing utility efficiency; ensuring projects meet design criteria and system reliability needs
- Accountable for quality parameters of assigned fab areas
- Writing design, operation, maintenance, trouble shooting, project acceptance, and integration procedures for assigned systems and training technicians to the procedures
-You must possess a Bachelors of Science Mechanical Engineering degree.
-Master of Science Mechanical Engineering degree preferred.
-PE License preferred.
-Must have the unrestricted right to work in the US.
Additional qualifications include:
- Views Safety as a value and makes a commitment to establishing a safe work environment for self and others
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of statistical methods to include Statistical Process Control
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Industrial Heating, Ventilation, compressor, boiler, chiller, and Air Conditioning experience or equivalent
- Demonstrated application of sound engineering principles and technical problem solving
- Ability to work effectively as an individual with minimal direction, and as part of a larger team
- Ability to communicate strategic and tactical concepts across a wide range of employees; engineering peers to operational technicians to management
- Service Attitude
About American Multinational Semiconductor Chip Maker:
Our firm has a rich heritage as one of New Jersey’s oldest and largest law firms. We trace our beginnings to at least 1882. The scope of our current practice is reflected in the variety of our more than 1,000 clients, ranging from multinational and regional corporations to small businesses, charitable enterprises, and individuals. We have become particularly well known for our expertise in complex litigation, complex insurance and reinsurance matters, governmental and regulatory affairs, and transactional matters. We provide these services to significant segments of the public utility, banking, insurance, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, and retail industries.
Our strongest attributes are best described by others: recently, the firm engaged a nationally recognized firm to conduct a primary marketing research study to gauge the firm’s reputation among clients and prospective clients. The study found our firm is considered the go to firm in New Jersey. Our litigation practice was described by clients in the study as innovative in identifying strategies to accomplish our clients’ goals, and thinking outside the box. One client summed us up as "the best firm in the state for high-level government intervention."
The firm’s proud history serves as our foundation. Combined with the talent and character of our people, the teamwork which is a hallmark of our firm, and the highest quality legal work, we continue to provide our clients with unique, responsive and effective legal counsel.
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Mechanical Engineer jobs in Portland, Oregon: