has exciting opportunities for a part-time Merchandiser
. Our Merchandisers are an integral part of our sales team ensuring our merchandise at retailers is up to date and we are maximizing our sales opportunities. Through the use of Best Practice techniques, our Merchandisers maintain the greeting card lines in local retail stores by reordering merchandise, straightening merchandise on display, putting up or taking down seasonal merchandise, and performing other tasks.Merchandisers
will use internet-based technology to place orders, submit data, and receive planograms and will use the telephone to transmit data and communicate with supervisors on a frequent basis.
will also interact with store management to ensure our product is featured in an appealing way, and maintain good communication and relationships.
Part-time hours will vary per location.Physical Requirements:
- This job requires the ability to lift up to 40 pounds and perform extended periods of standing, reaching, stooping/bending, kneeling and walking in different physical environments including stockrooms with low level lighting.
- You will be expected to maintain a quick work pace with optimum time management to maximize productivity.
To be considered for the merchandiser position, the qualified candidate must have or be able to demonstrate:
- Access to a land-line based telephone
- Access to reliable internet connection
- Access to reliable transportation
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Ability to read & understand instructions (written and oral)
- Ability to use appropriate technology for position (i.e. PDA, phone, PC).
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
American Greetings is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a drug-free workplace.
- Prior successful retail, merchandising, or customer service experience helpful
- A minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
About American Greetings:
For more than 100 years, American Greetings Corporation (NYSE: AM) has been a manufacturer and retailer of innovative social expression products that assist consumers in enhancing their relationships. The Company's major greeting card brands are American Greetings, Carlton Cards, Gibson, Recycled Paper Greetings and Papyrus, and other paper product offerings include DesignWare party goods, American Greetings and Plus Mark gift-wrap and boxed cards. American Greetings also has the largest collection of electronic greetings on the Web, including cards available at AmericanGreetings.com, through AG Interactive, Inc. (the Company's online division). AG Interactive also offers digital photo sharing and personal publishing at PhotoWorks.com and Webshots.com, and a one-stop source for online graphics and animations at Kiwee.com. In addition to its product lines, American Greetings also creates and licenses popular character brands through the American Greetings Properties group. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, American Greetings generates annual revenue of approximately $1.7 billion, and its products can be found in retail outlets domestically and worldwide. For more information on the Company, visit:
Posted 4 years ago