AMERICAN GREETINGS has exciting opportunities for a part-time Merchandiser. Our Merchandisers are an integral part of our retail sales team ensuring our merchandise at our retail stores is up to date and we are maximizing our sales opportunities. Through the use of Best Practice techniques, our Merchandisers maintain the greeting card lines in local retail stores by reordering merchandise, straightening merchandise on display, putting up or taking down seasonal merchandise, and performing other tasks.
The part-time Merchandiser will use internet-based technology to place orders, submit data, and receive planograms and will use the telephone to transmit data and communicate with retail supervisors on a frequent basis.
The part-time Merchandiser will also interact with retail store management to ensure our product is featured in an appealing way, and maintain good communication and relationships.
Part-time hours will vary per location.
Position Requirements for Part-Time Merchandiser:
- Access to reliable internet connection
- Access to reliable transportation
- Strong oral & written communication skills including reading & following written instructions
- Use of technology appropriate for position (i.e. PDA, phone, PC)
- Prior successful retail, merchandising, or customer service experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Environmental Requirements for Part-Time Merchandiser:
- May be exposed to crowded environment, close quarters, extreme noise and low level lighting conditions
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move product, equipment and supplies up to forty (40) pounds with or without reasonable accommodations
- Must maintain a quick work pace with optimum time management to maximize productivity
- Must be 18 or older due to contact and use of hazardous disposal equipment
American Greetings is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a drug-free workplace.
About American Greetings:
For more than 100 years, American Greetings Corporation (NYSE: AM) has been a manufacturer and retailer of innovative social expression products that assist consumers in enhancing their relationships. The Company's major greeting card brands are American Greetings, Carlton Cards, Gibson, Recycled Paper Greetings and Papyrus, and other paper product offerings include DesignWare party goods, American Greetings and Plus Mark gift-wrap and boxed cards. American Greetings also has the largest collection of electronic greetings on the Web, including cards available at AmericanGreetings.com, through AG Interactive, Inc. (the Company's online division). AG Interactive also offers digital photo sharing and personal publishing at PhotoWorks.com and Webshots.com, and a one-stop source for online graphics and animations at Kiwee.com. In addition to its product lines, American Greetings also creates and licenses popular character brands through the American Greetings Properties group. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, American Greetings generates annual revenue of approximately $1.7 billion, and its products can be found in retail outlets domestically and worldwide. For more information on the Company, visit:
Posted 3 years ago