AMERICAN GREETINGS has exciting opportunities for a part-time Merchandiser. Our Merchandisers are an integral part of our retail sales team ensuring our merchandise at our retail stores is up to date and we are maximizing our sales opportunities. Through the use of Best Practice techniques, our Merchandisers maintain the greeting card lines in local retail stores by reordering merchandise, straightening merchandise on display, putting up or taking down seasonal merchandise, and performing other tasks.
The part-time Merchandiser will use internet-based technology to place orders, submit data, and receive planograms and will use the telephone to transmit data and communicate with retail supervisors on a frequent basis.
The part-time Merchandiser will also interact with retail store management to ensure our product is featured in an appealing way, and maintain good communication and relationships.
Part-time hours will vary per location.
Position Requirements for Part-Time Merchandiser:
- Access to reliable internet connection
- Access to reliable transportation
- Strong oral & written communication skills including reading & following written instructions
- Use of technology appropriate for position (i.e. PDA, phone, PC)
- Prior successful retail, merchandising, or customer service experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Environmental Requirements for Part-Time Merchandiser:
- May be exposed to crowded environment, close quarters, extreme noise and low level lighting conditions
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move product, equipment and supplies up to forty (40) pounds with or without reasonable accommodations
- Must maintain a quick work pace with optimum time management to maximize productivity
- Must be 18 or older due to contact and use of hazardous disposal equipment
American Greetings is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a drug-free workplace.