Sorry, this job was closed 1 year ago. See all open Travel Counselor Jobs in San Diego, CA
Virtual Travel Counselor (Work at Home Opportunity!)
Since we first entered the travel business in 1915, our Travel Network has grown to become one of the world’s largest travel networks. But more than our size, we pride ourselves on our philosophy. At American Express, we don’t just help our Card Members travel the world—we help them truly experience it. As a Work at Home Travel Counselor within American Express Travel, you will provide leisure travel services to the most affluent Card Members. You will work in a virtual environment that is aligned with our service centers taking incoming calls from Card Members, providing knowledgeable and consultative service based on your own experiences and expert knowledge of the travel industry. Using effective questioning and rapport building, you will be able to make personalized recommendations and bookings through your understanding of the products and benefits available that match the Card Members’ requirements. American Express fosters a goal-oriented environment, where you will be frequently coached as our commitment to help you develop world-class consultative skills. We want extraordinary Travel Counselors who can surpass our Card Members’ expectations by creating travel experiences of a lifetime.
As a Travel Counselor, you will be responsible for:
- Creating memorable travel experiences for our Card Members by booking travel with a key focus in domestic and international destination air, car and hotel travel arrangements.
- Being accountable and taking ownership of the Card Members’ experience from beginning to end.
- Staying ahead of industry trends and continuously building destination knowledge.
- Creating innovative ways to resolve Card Members’ issues or concerns to win their loyalty and travel spend; ultimately making loyal enthusiast out of the customer, so they will recommend American Express Travel to others.
- Candidates must be available to work between the Work at Home hours of operation which are from 5:00am – 1:00am local time, Monday - Sunday. Hours of operation may change due to business need.
- If you know what it takes to provide a true ‘luxury’ experience, this may be the role for you. To learn more, click onwww.americanexpress.com/careers
BENEFITS - (Based on individual elections):
- Exceptional cash incentive bonus programs and recognition programs.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (Day 1).
- Generous vacation and vacation purchase plan.
- 401(k) WITH company match of 5% after 6 months.
- Legal assistance, pet insurance, life and disability insurance.
- Medical and dependent care reimbursement programs.
- Domestic partner benefits American Express is an equal opportunity employer.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
A successful applicant will have the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 2 years recent experience selling domestic and international travel is required. Strong international air booking experience is essential; in combination with car and hotel is highly preferred.
- Extensive domestic and international destination knowledge, including knowledge of emerging destinations is essential to be successful.
- GDS/computer reservations experience is required, Sabre is preferred.
- The customer experience is our top focus, so it is required to have extraordinary customer service skills, to provide excellent service to our customers.
- Verbal communication skills are essential as the customer interaction will mainly be on the phone, but strong written skills via e-mail is also very important.
- Previous call center experience is preferred.
- Sales experience and effective consultative skills will be beneficial, to confidently recommend and cross-sell relevant products and services.
- Time management skills are a must, with the ability to multi-tasking and re-prioritizing workload regularly to meet deadlines.
- Must have a can do attitude, curiosity and a healthy competitiveness.
- Willingness to accept frequent feedback and openness to incorporate changes in service style.
- Ability to work flexible shifts including nights and weekends is essential.
The following are some of the requirements of the Work at Home Program. By applying for this position you are confirming and agreeing that your home will comply with the following.
- LOCATION: Although this position is considered Work at Home, the candidate must reside within the 48 contiguous United States, plus HI.
- ACCESS TO YOUR HOME/WORK SPACE: You will provide American Express or their representative’s access to your home to conduct an audit of your work space for WAH compliance standards through the year.
- WORKPLACE ENVIRONMENT: All electrical equipment is free of recognized hazards that would cause physical harm (frayed wires, bare conductors, loose wires, flexible wires running through walls, exposed wires to the ceiling).
- Your home's electrical system will permit the grounding of electrical equipment. Use 3 wire circuit analyzer provided to test all outlets that will be used for the home office.
- WORK AREA: Adequate room for a home office. You will need to provide specific details including size and location of room.
- COMPUTER WORKSTATION: American Express will install high-speed internet access and land-based telephone access at your residence, through service providers that are approved by American Express. Internet service must be DSL or Cable (no wireless or satellite ISPs allowed), with at least 10 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload speeds is required. Business class service preferred where available. High speed internet and phone lines will be dedicated lines that will be used exclusively for business use, and will be separate from any personal phone/data services. Applicant’s homes must be compatible to work in conjunction with American Express technological processes.
- Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm andhttp://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf
TO APPLY: http://amex.co/1NG6Syz
Company address: San Diego, CA, USA
Posted date: 1 year ago
Browse Travel Counselor jobs in San Diego, California:
Admissions Counselor (Downtown San Diego)
Career Systems Development in San Diego, CA
Posted 27 days ago on Nexxt
Travel Agent – International Sales – San Diego
Rollinglobe in San Diego, CA
Posted 11 days ago on ZipRecruiter
#90403 Travel Analyst
University of California - San Diego in San Diego, CA
Posted 9 days ago on Job.com