**MUST MEET MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS TO BE CONSIDERED**
(We Will Be Interviewing In Austin, TX April 22nd)Deckhands
American Cruise Lines operates small luxury overnight cruise ships on the inland and coastal waters of the United States. We have ships on both the East and West Coasts, ranging from 49 to 150 passengers. We take pride in offering a very high level of service aboard the newest and most modern ships in the industry. This summer, see the country, build sea time, and save money as a deckhand aboard one of our luxury cruise ships. This is a 12 week temporary position.Deckhands participate in most ship operations. Daily duties include
steering the ship, docking and anchoring maneuvers, line handling, provisioning, and passenger assistance. Deckhands stand wheel, gangway, and deck watches to help ensure safety of the ship and passengers. They are also involved with ship maintenance, including painting and cleaning, and participate in USCG drills.
All training will be provided.General Requirements for Deckhands
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must have a high school diploma.
- Our vessels are U.S. registered. Therefore, all shipboard employees must be able to legally work in the United States.
- All positions require pre-employment, random, and reasonable cause alcohol and drug testing, as per US Coast Guard regulations.
- Physical Demands; All shipboard positions can be physically demanding. Repetitive motion, bending, climbing and often heavy lifting, are requirements of most positions. Every crewmember works every day while on board.
- Uniform/Grooming Standards; At American Cruise Lines it is important that your attire and personal grooming reflect a positive and professional image. The company has a uniform policy that all crewmembers need to adhere to.
Please apply today at: http://americancruiselines.com/employment