Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Software Development Manager Jobs in Seattle, WA
Software Development Manager, Amazon Digital Products - Cambridge
Amazon's Digital Products team develops innovative new products and services like the Kindle. Kindle is a revolutionary reading device, the #1 best-selling product on all of Amazon, and an exciting and fast-growing business within Amazon. Backing Kindle is a rich ecosystem of digital media and mobile services including Amazon MP3, Amazon Video on Demand, IMDb, Appstore for Android, and Audible. Our customers access these services from a range of platforms other than our own including iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and laptop/desktop browsers.
As a Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers through the complete product life cycle (strategic planning, design, development, test, deployment, and operational ownership).. A successful candidate will have strong customer experience judgment, a rigorous technical grounding, ability to quickly pick up new domain-specific knowledge, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
You will have enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products that will be used every day by people you know. As an early member of Amazon's Cambridge Development Center (opened in 2012), you'll also help establish the culture of a new and rapidly growing site. As in all of our roles, we're looking for people who are passionate about inventing on behalf of customers, who demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and who want to have fun while they make history.
- Responsible for the entire development life-cycle of a key product component.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Staff, mentor, develop, and maintain a best-of-class engineering team.
- Work closely with engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
- Consistently deliver results against project plan milestones and commitments.
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
- Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, dive deep into technical issues, surface risks, and apply excellent judgment in resolving them.
- 7+ years experience building successful production software systems.
- 2+ years people management experience.
- Solid knowledge of software development methodologies and best practices.
- Computer Science fundamentals (based on a BS or MS in CS or related field).
- Proficiency in at least one modern compiled programming language such as C, C++, C#, or Java.
- Development experience on mobile platforms such as Google Android, Apple iOS, WebOS, Windows Phone, or RIM Blackberry.
- A consistent track record of project delivery on large, complex, cross-functional projects.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- A deep understanding of team software development in an Agile environment.
- The ability to take raw product requirements and develop software architectures and designs to bring them to life.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN), a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth Biggest Selection. Amazon.com, Inc. seeks to be Earthmost customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices.
Amazon.com and other sellers offer millions of unique new, refurbished and used items in categories such as Books; Movies, Music & Games; Digital Downloads; Electronics & Computers; Home & Garden; Toys, Kids & Baby; Grocery; Apparel, Shoes & Jewelry; Health & Beauty; Sports & Outdoors; and Tools, Auto & Industrial. Amazon Web Services provides Amazons developer customers with access to in-the-cloud infrastructure services based on Amazon own back-end technology platform, which developers can use to enable virtually any type of business.
Kindle Paperwhite is the worlds best-selling and most advanced e-reader. It features new display technology with higher contrast, the next generation built-in light, a faster processor, the latest touch technology, and exclusive new features designed from the ground up for readers. Kindle, the lightest and smallest Kindle, features improved fonts and faster page turns. The new Kindle Fire HDX features a stunning exclusive 8.9HDX display, a quad-core 2.2 GHz processor, 2x more memory, and 11 hours of battery life, as well as exclusive new features of Fire OS 3.0 including X-Ray for Music, Second Screen, Prime Instant Video downloads, and the revolutionary new Mayday button. The all-new Kindle Fire HD includes an HD display, high-performance processor and dual speakers at a breakthrough price.
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Software Development Manager jobs in Seattle, Washington:
Software Development Manager NEW!
Staffing Resource Group, LLC in Seattle, WA
Posted 3 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Software Development Manager - B NEW!
3K Consulting Inc in Seattle, WA
Posted yesterday on ZipRecruiter
Senior Software Development Manager
NSFWjobs in Seattle, WA
Posted 13 days ago on ZipRecruiter