Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Software Development Manager Jobs in Seattle, WA
Software Development Manager - Amazon Digital & Mobile Products
Amazon Kindle is a revolutionary reading device, the #1 best-selling product on all of Amazon, and one of the most innovative and fast growing businesses at Amazon. Amazon has also developed significant digital and mobile businesses including Amazon MP3, Amazon Video on Demand, IMDB, Amazon Mobile store, and Audible. Many of these applications run on a range of mobile platforms including iPhone, Blackberry, Android, Windows Mobile and WebOS.
As a Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of a range of large-scale back-end platform services that are fundamental to our product. You should have an established background in designing and building highly scalable systems, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and the motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will be helping to hire and build your team and systems, and establishing development processes.
- Responsible for the overall development lifecycle for a set of back-end services
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.)
- 3-8+ years experience building successful production software systems
- 2+ years experience directly managing technical team members
- Development expertise in OOP, Java, UNIX, Perl, C++, XML, Web services, and UNIX tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
To learn more about the Digital Products team at Amazon, visit www.amazon.com/careers/digitalproducts and apply now.
Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN), a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth Biggest Selection. Amazon.com, Inc. seeks to be Earthmost customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices.
Amazon.com and other sellers offer millions of unique new, refurbished and used items in categories such as Books; Movies, Music & Games; Digital Downloads; Electronics & Computers; Home & Garden; Toys, Kids & Baby; Grocery; Apparel, Shoes & Jewelry; Health & Beauty; Sports & Outdoors; and Tools, Auto & Industrial. Amazon Web Services provides Amazons developer customers with access to in-the-cloud infrastructure services based on Amazon own back-end technology platform, which developers can use to enable virtually any type of business.
Kindle Paperwhite is the worlds best-selling and most advanced e-reader. It features new display technology with higher contrast, the next generation built-in light, a faster processor, the latest touch technology, and exclusive new features designed from the ground up for readers. Kindle, the lightest and smallest Kindle, features improved fonts and faster page turns. The new Kindle Fire HDX features a stunning exclusive 8.9HDX display, a quad-core 2.2 GHz processor, 2x more memory, and 11 hours of battery life, as well as exclusive new features of Fire OS 3.0 including X-Ray for Music, Second Screen, Prime Instant Video downloads, and the revolutionary new Mayday button. The all-new Kindle Fire HD includes an HD display, high-performance processor and dual speakers at a breakthrough price.
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Software Development Manager jobs in Seattle, Washington: