Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Online Merchant Jobs in Seattle, WA
Amazon's Digital Products team develops innovative new products and services like the original Kindle eReaders, the Kindle Fire and multiple mobile applications. Kindle is a revolutionary reading device, the #1 best-selling product on Amazon, and one of the most innovative and fast growing businesses at the company. Amazon has also developed significant digital and mobile businesses including the Amazon Android AppStore, the Silk Browser, Amazon MP3, Amazon Video on Demand, IMDB, Audible, the Amazon Mobile Shopping Application and others. Amazon is a leader in the digital and mobile space not only with Android but across many platforms including iOS, WindowsPhone and HTML5. Coupled with our innovative Amazon Web Services business, Amazon is positioned to remain an innovative leader in this space. Join our team and see what innovations are still to come.
As Director of Geo Systems, you will lead Amazon’s mapping initiatives for our digital products. Mapping and location services will play a significant part on the next generation of Amazon’s offerings. You will be the leader to build a world-class organization. You will work closely with the Digital Product’s leadership team to help drive product strategy, and you’ll work with the technical leaders to drive innovations that a few years ago people only dreamed about. You’ll motivate and inspire your team to deliver, and you will be part of a team that will deliver great products.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering.
- A proven track record of delivering products to market in the consumer electronics field.
- A software development background and a passion for leading software engineering teams.
- Strong technical skills, you don’t have to code full time but you love reading code, design docs and collaborating on software architectures.
- The ability to recruit, build, motivate and inspire a world class software development team.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for innovation and raising the bar in teams, technology and projects
- Experience in large-scale geographic, location and mapping technology
- Experience leading small and large organizations (10 – 50+ people)
- An analytical mind that thrives in a data-driven environment
- Strong organizational planning and development, business judgment, technical leadership, and communication skills
- Ability to lead multiple simultaneous product development efforts and initiatives
Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN), a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth Biggest Selection. Amazon.com, Inc. seeks to be Earthmost customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices.
Amazon.com and other sellers offer millions of unique new, refurbished and used items in categories such as Books; Movies, Music & Games; Digital Downloads; Electronics & Computers; Home & Garden; Toys, Kids & Baby; Grocery; Apparel, Shoes & Jewelry; Health & Beauty; Sports & Outdoors; and Tools, Auto & Industrial. Amazon Web Services provides Amazons developer customers with access to in-the-cloud infrastructure services based on Amazon own back-end technology platform, which developers can use to enable virtually any type of business.
Kindle Paperwhite is the worlds best-selling and most advanced e-reader. It features new display technology with higher contrast, the next generation built-in light, a faster processor, the latest touch technology, and exclusive new features designed from the ground up for readers. Kindle, the lightest and smallest Kindle, features improved fonts and faster page turns. The new Kindle Fire HDX features a stunning exclusive 8.9HDX display, a quad-core 2.2 GHz processor, 2x more memory, and 11 hours of battery life, as well as exclusive new features of Fire OS 3.0 including X-Ray for Music, Second Screen, Prime Instant Video downloads, and the revolutionary new Mayday button. The all-new Kindle Fire HD includes an HD display, high-performance processor and dual speakers at a breakthrough price.
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Online Merchant jobs in Seattle, Washington:
Site Merchandiser – Women's Content Team - Online Merchandising
Nordstrom in Seattle, WA
Posted 6 days ago on the web
eCommerce Digital Marketing Specialist NEW!
Ideoclick Inc. in Seattle, WA
Posted 2 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Director, Digital Merchandising - Women's Apparel
Nordstrom in Seattle, WA
Posted 15 days ago on Experteer