“Passion to help change the lives of Women and Babies who are abused and or Human Trafficked”
ALPHA House seeks a full-time Development Director to lead and manage ALPHA’s fundraising and development-focused operational needs. The Development Director supports ALPHA’s continued growth by planning, directing, and coordinating ALPHA’s fundraising efforts. Generally, the Development Director will focus fundraising efforts through four primary functions: 1) fundraising events; 2) corporate and individual giving; 3) grants; and 4) planned giving. The Development Director must grow relationships with existing donors and create and develop relationships with new funding sources.
Overall, the primary objective of this position is to increase funding and recognition of ALPHA House in the Tampa Bay Area. The Development Director will also help develop ALPHA’s Strategic Plan, marketing, and public relations initiatives to meet this primary objective.
· Help develop and implement ALPHA’s Strategic Plan for expanding donor participation through successful event planning, annual appeals, pledges, and bequests to ALPHA House
· Serve as Vice-Chair on the Marketing/Development and Events Committees.
· Explore and evaluate feasibility of planned giving programs, major gifts and capital campaigns
· Build relationships with individuals, families, churches, and community and business leaders to increase visibility and agency awareness of ALPHA House
· Work collaboratively with current fundraising committees to develop and implement new fundraising strategies in line with established goals consistent with the mission of ALPHA House
· Create and manage marketing strategies on various Social Media venues in line with the mission of ALPHA House
Duties and Qualifications
To be successful in this role, it is preferred that applicants have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, five to seven years of related experience, and a proven track record in developing strategies and attaining goals in a donor stewardship and development leadership capacity. In addition, applicants must:
· Have the ability to work evenings and weekends when required;
· Be able to travel and/or work outside of the office up to 50% of the time;
· Represent ALPHA to the public in an enthusiastic and professional manner;
· Possess exemplary writing and presentation skills;
· Maintain proficiency in Excel, Word and Fundraising Software; and
· Develop proficiency and strategies to employ Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.) to achieve marketing and fundraising goals.
Location and Compensation
Location: St. Petersburg, Florida.
Compensation: Commensurate with qualifications and experience; benefits included
About ALPHA House of Pinellas County:
The mission of ALPHA House of Pinellas County is to prevent the cycle of homelessness and child abuse by providing a safe residence and supportive services to homeless pregnant women and babies.
ALPHA empowers women with the job skills, education, parenting skills, positive self-esteem and spiritual foundation necessary to obtain permanent housing, successfully raise their children, and contribute to the community as self-sustaining mothers.
ALPHA House of Pinellas also invests in the community with an outreach program that provides hundreds of families with necessary child care items each year.
Company address:701 5th Avenue North, Saint Petersburg, Florida 33701