alliantgroup (www.alliantgroup.com) is an independent national specialty tax services firm that delivers government sponsored tax incentives (federal and state) to the middle-market. alliantgroup’s national office is in Houston, Texas with regional offices in Orange County, Chicago, New York, Miami, Seattle, San Francisco, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Denver, San Diego, Phoenix, Washington D.C., and Boston.
At alliantgroup, our motto is “work hard, play hard”. Yes, we work hard, but we have a great time doing it! Beyond the social outings and many firm perks, you can expect to expand your personal and professional growth, work with teams to give back to the communities we impact, and be surrounded by some of the most diverse cultural and educational backgrounds in the business. Our culture of collaboration and open doors means your voice and ideas will be heard on how to expand business and service your clients better.
As the Payroll Specialist you will report directly to the Sr. Managing Director of Finance and support the accounting and HR function of the business. In this role, you will maintain a high level of confidentiality and focus on creation and execution of a systemized and efficient payroll process for the firm with minimal to no errors.
· Perform all activities necessary to process multiple payrolls in multiple states through the ADP system on an accurate and timely basis
· Maintain and update all records by reviewing and making changes to exemptions, insurance changes, deductions, PTO, statues, and other vital information
· Initiate all required payroll journal entries
· Determine payroll liabilities by entering federal and state income and social security tax information, 401k transfer and direct deposits, wage assignments and garnishments
· Prepares payroll checks and general accounting reports
· Ensures the accuracy of employees’ pay results by auditing and correcting any errors detected during the payroll process
· Performs year-end processing including producing and distributing employee annual wage statements
· Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred
· Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification preferred
· Minimum of 4-7 years’ experience in payroll and financial processes
· Experience with automated and integrated payroll and benefits processing systems
· Must have experience with ADP systems
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products
· Excellent verbal and communication skills
· Must maintain confidentiality in all aspects of day to day duties
alliantgroup offers excellent benefits including, but not limited to, the following: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(k), FSA, Holidays, Training and Mentoring programs, Paid lunch daily, 15 days of PTO, among others.
If you are seeking a remarkable opportunity within a dynamic, growing organization, please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
alliantgroup is one of the most dynamic and successful consulting firms in the country! Our firm works with businesses and their CPA’s to identify powerful government sponsored tax incentives. The intent of the incentives is to help businesses grow, compete successfully and to add jobs in local economies across the United States! To date, we have helped our client’s create over 53,000 jobs!