Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Stress Engineer Jobs in Wichita, KS
Stress Engineer, Airframe, F&DT
MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN, GREEN CARD HOLDER OR CANADIAN CITIZEN!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform stress/strength analysis to verify that structural integrity requirements have been met.
Assignments will include detail part sizing, layout maturation, trade study analysis, and weight reduction efforts.
• Document analysis in support of trade studies or detail drawing sign-out for wing airframe structure. Participate in design and analysis collaboration with suppliers and team partners.
• Provide leadership and on-the-job training for less experienced structural analysts. Position requires in-depth knowledge of classical and numerical (Finite Element) stress analysis methods. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, & PowerPoint) required. Capable of mentoring less experienced engineers.
• Previous lead engineer experience a plus, with the following capabilities:
o Capable of working independently. Can accept broad objectives with agreed deadlines, but establishes the tasks required and how they should be completed.
o Contacts customers and suppliers to exchange technical data and to discuss project performance. Ensures application of best practices and identifies the need for enhanced processes, methods, and tools. Utilizes tool sets at an advance level.
o Has obtained check and/or approval authority in assigned discipline if appropriate.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree in Engineering (Aero, Civil, Mechanical) with a strong curriculum emphasis on structural design and analysis and mechanics of materials.
• Minimum 5 years total analysis experience in airframe design programs.
• Experience in airframe design, F&DT, Composites, MRB, FAR/JAR Part, Certification, CATIA, NASTRAN, and PATRAN, is desired.
About Alliance Solutions:
Alliance Solutions is a technical recruitment placement services working directly with major companies and the key hiring managers to support high level engineering personnel job needs.
Industries: Aerospace, Defense, Aircraft, Composite Manufacturing, Automotive
Disciplines: Electrical Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Structural Engineers, Quality Engineers, CAD Designers, Project Managers, Software Engineers...
Working at the world leading aircraft manufacturer means being part of a high-performance team where every day you will exchange ideas and expertise with colleagues from different countries and nationalities, disciplines and backgrounds.
It is an opportunity to help design and manufacture the most eco-efficient, state-of-the-art aircraft. Push the boundaries of technology. Explore possibilities. Work in an environment where everyone has the same goal: to be the best they can possibly be.
Whether you are an experienced professional or new graduate, student or school leaver, if you share our passion for aviation and drive for excellence, this is your chance to be part of the next chapter of our unique and exciting story.
Alliance is an EOE employer.
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Stress Engineer jobs in Wichita, Kansas: