Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Stress Engineer Jobs in Woodland, WA
Chief Stress Engineer, Military Aircraft
This position is a PERMANENT/DIRECT HIRE POSITION OFFERING COMPETITIVE SALARY AND RELOCATION AND COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE.
This challenging role will include development of a dedicated team of stress engineers responsible for analysis of mission equipment installed in over 40 different aircraft models in both the fixed wing and rotary wing markets. The successful candidate will have a broad range of industry background to support a diverse product line mix including air medical transport systems, ballistic protection (armor), dynamic aircraft seating and VIP interior/cabinetry. The candidate must be comfortable working with both FAA and military customers and will have previously demonstrated an ability to negotiate statements of work and technical requirements.
This position involves support of design, test, production operations, and fielded product. The staff of stress engineers is both on-site in Woodland, WA as well as at offsite locations. This position also involves performance evaluation and skill advancement of direct reporting staff.
B.S. in Mechanical, Civil, or Aerospace engineering discipline required. MSME or MSAE highly preferred.
MUST BE U.S. CITIZEN
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Supervision of stress analysis staff
- Managing Structural Analysis projects
- Mentoring and supervising a staff of junior analysts
- Disposition of manufacturing discrepancies
- Proposal estimating for new business
- Drawing/analysis review and approval
- Static/Dynamic Test plan review and approval
General responsibilities include:
- Perform static analysis margin of safety calculations
- Finite element modeling using PATRAN/NASTRAN
- Stress-life fatigue analysis
- Documentation and review of analysis for metallic and composite structures in accordance standard Work.
- Tracking & reporting project progress to management
- Technical presentations to internal and external customers
- Demonstrate ethical behavior; promote safety, diversity, and environmental goals
- Integrate activities with the other Engineering Managers to ensure that resources are properly distributed
- Support program design reviews, drawing reviews, failure analysis, and anomaly resolution
BA/BS degree w/6-10+ years experience
MA/MS degree w/4-7+ years expreience
PhD degree w/2-4+ years expereince
10+ years experience in structural analysis of metallic structures required, additional composite experience (preferred), rotary-wing / fixed wing airframe (preferred)
Working knowledge of finite element modeling & stress life fatigue analysis required, NASTRAN/PATRAN (preferred)
Experience leading teams of analysts and managing projects including project estimating and tracking required
Experience with FAA certification
Excellent written and oral communication skills across all levels of the organization required
Proficiency in MS Office products required
About Alliance Solutions:
Alliance Solutions is a technical recruitment placement services working directly with major companies and the key hiring managers to support high level engineering personnel job needs.
Industries: Aerospace, Defense, Aircraft, Composite Manufacturing, Automotive
Disciplines: Electrical Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Structural Engineers, Quality Engineers, CAD Designers, Project Managers, Software Engineers...
Working at the world leading aircraft manufacturer means being part of a high-performance team where every day you will exchange ideas and expertise with colleagues from different countries and nationalities, disciplines and backgrounds.
It is an opportunity to help design and manufacture the most eco-efficient, state-of-the-art aircraft. Push the boundaries of technology. Explore possibilities. Work in an environment where everyone has the same goal: to be the best they can possibly be.
Whether you are an experienced professional or new graduate, student or school leaver, if you share our passion for aviation and drive for excellence, this is your chance to be part of the next chapter of our unique and exciting story.
Alliance is an EOE employer.
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Stress Engineer jobs in Woodland, Washington: