Sorry, this job was closed 2 months ago. See all open Executive Director Jobs in Salt Lake, UT
“Join Alliance House at a pivotal time of innovative research, technological development, and organizational growth.”
About Alliance House: A non-profit organization based in Salt Lake City, Alliance House is a psycho-social rehabilitation program where adults who suffer from serious or persistent mental illness (SPMI) can rebuild their confidence, self-respect, dignity, purpose and abilities through education, productive work, and meaningful relationships. Inspired by the “clubhouse” model established by Clubhouse International (www.clubhouse-intl.org), our founders opened Alliance House in 1987 in response to the devastating impact serious mental illness was having on their children. The individuals the clubhouse model serves are referred to as members because they operate all functions of the clubhouse in partnership with staff, especially its programs that help members find employment, education and housing.
Description: The Executive Director is responsible for the successful leadership and management of Alliance House, which includes the oversight of staff administration, organizational programs, financial management, fundraising, and community outreach. In addition, the Director works in conjunction with the Alliance House Board of Directors to develop and execute the organization’s strategic plan to ensure the short and long term viability of the organization. This position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited organization.
· Minimum of 5 years relevant professional experience preferably with staff oversight role in the non-profit sector.
· Strong skills in Microsoft Office with ability to create documents, presentations and analyze spreadsheets.
· LCSW, CRC or similar.
· Experience as a Clubhouse Director or manager, or in managing a non-profit human services organization.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Executive Director performs some or all of the following:
· Responsible for leading the agency in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission.
· Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board of Directors by providing all information necessary for the board to make informed decisions, including internal and external issues that affect the organization.
· Responsible for growing clubhouse membership and expanding clubhouse employment and other programs to support the increased membership.
· Responsible for the financial management and solvency of the organization, including insurance billing and fundraising
· Ensure Alliance House maintains Clubhouse International accreditation by complying with its 37 clubhouse standards.
· Foster effective teamwork between the Board and the Executive Director and between the Executive Director and staff and members.
· Ensure that Alliance House maintains its position as a respected and sought after training base for other clubhouses.
Operational Planning and Program Management
· Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of the organization’s programs and services.
· Housing Program Management: Oversite of facilities to ensure licensing requirements are met, maintenance needs addressed and compliance with city, state and federal housing regulations.
· Clinical Program Management: Oversee compliance of continuing education requirements to ensure all staff hold and maintain appropriate professional credentials.
· Set program performance standards to ensure a comprehensive, coordinated and integrated Clubhouse delivery system.
· Direct and monitor documentation of clinical services as required by Medicaid and other funders, the development and maintenance of all member treatment plans, safeguarding of client data, billing procedures and ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulatory requirements.
· Risk Management: Identify and evaluate the risks to the organization’s people (members, staff, management and volunteers), property, finances, goodwill and image and implement measures to control risks.
· Develop an operational plan which incorporates the goals and objectives identified in the strategic plan and meets expectations of the Board of Directors and funders.
· Draft policies for approval of the Board and prepare procedures to implement policies. Review existing policies on an annual basis and recommend changes to the Board as needed.
· Determine appropriate staffing requirements for organization management and program delivery.
· Ensure a performance management and professional development process is in place for all staff which includes; goal setting, managing performance on an on-going basis, conducting performance reviews, discipline and terminate staff when necessary.
Financial Planning and Management
· Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the organization, the including submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
· Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relationships unique to the non-profit sector.
· Proven track record of fundraising, identifying fundraising sources. Oversee the development of fundraising plans and written proposals to increase funds of the organization.
· Responsible for the successful submission of claims through Medicaid and other agencies and insurance providers
· Provide oversight of all clubhouse expenditures and maintain discipline across the organization in managing to approved budgets.
· Responsible to continually seek appropriate new funding sources with state, federal, local and private sources.
· Identify potential partners in the community and build positive working relationships that support greater understanding of the role of Alliance House and how it can support community-wide priorities.
· Strong public speaking ability. Responsible for the enhancement of the organization’s image by being active and visible in the community. Attend community activities and work closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
Demonstrate Skills in the Following:
· Adaptability: Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible and tolerant in a changing work environment. Ability to oversee and collaborate with staff and members.
· Meeting Facilitation: Ability to effectively facilitate, delegate assignments, and manage meetings focused on desired outputs and accountabilities.
· Lead: Positively influence others to achieve the results that are in the best interest of the organization.
· Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner.
· Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance the organization’s effectiveness and the effectiveness of all team members.
· Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
· Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interest of the organization.
· Organizational Skills: Set priorities, including planning, delegating and program development.
· Budget management: Budget preparation, analysis.
· Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes and make recommendations to resolve the problem.
· Think Strategically: Assess options and actions based on trends and conditions in the environment and the vision and values of the organization.
Responsible for other duties/projects as assigned by the Board of Directors
Alliance House, established in 1987, is an incorporated, non-government, not-for-profit organization, dedicated to assisting adults with a history of mental illness. This assistance is provided in a psychosocial program designed to empower and support its members. Alliance House provides a non-institutional setting where adults with a mental illness give each other support as they work to rebuild confidence, stamina, and concentration, social and vocational skills. It is a voluntary program whose participants are members, not patients or clients. The organization believes that every member has a contribution to make and relies on members' talents, skills and strengths in order to function.
The organization is based on the Clubhouse International model (www.clubhouse-intl.org) and abides by the International Standards for Clubhouse Programs. Alliance House serves as one of twelve international training bases for Clubhouse International.
Company address: 1724 South Main Street SLC, UT 84115
Posted date: 2 months ago
Browse Executive Director jobs in Salt Lake, UT:
Blue Harbor Senior Living in Bountiful, UT
Posted 17 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Bristol Hospice LLC in Salt Lake, UT
Posted 4 days ago on ZipRecruiter
University of Utah in Salt Lake City, UT
Posted 5 months ago on the web