“Lots of room for growth with a strong, employee-minded company. Compensation based on experience and performance.”
The quality control inspector position conducts in process inspection of working process materials.
1. Inspect, test and monitor current production in accordance with established procedures to assure compliance to required specifications; report findings to appropriate personnel for needed changes, adjustment or place product on hold; confirm specifications; conduct visual and measurement tests; reject and return unacceptable materials.
2. Sorting and rework of suspect materials.
3. Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and waste; inputting data into quality database.
4. Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations and customer requirements.
5. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
6. Communicate and collaborate with supervisor(s) and the different departments.
7. Assist in ensuring fundamental food safety and quality practices are maintained to achieve food safety and quality objectives and to support ongoing improvements of food safety programs.
8. Track jobs through the production process and communicate details to next department shift.
9. Work independently and make judgment of
10. Maintains accurate and complete documentation of all work performed for establishment of methods and standards.
1. Technical Capacity.
2. Good communication and interpersonal skills.
3. Ability to write technical reports, business correspondence, and technical procedures.
4. Attention to detail and ability to keep details organized
5. Demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize assignments
6. Problem Solving/Analytical.
7. Good team player with a positive attitude
8. Time Management.
9. Ability to work daily, ability to work weekend overtime when required, Ability to cover vacation team members in their shift.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, shift depends business needs.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
1. High School Diploma/ GED.
2. Up to 2 years of experience in Quality Assurance function in manufacturing environment.
3. Demonstrated computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Paperboard folding carton industry experience is strongly desired.
2. Familiarity with ISO 9001:2015, FSC, HACCP standards methods is strongly desired.
About All Packaging Company:
All Packaging Company has grown dramatically over the past 10+ years, including the addition of a 2nd manufacturing plant (and almost 75 additional people in just the past three years, alone). Today, approximately 200 APC team members serve more than 300 brands across North America at a rate of ~ 1 mm cartons per day! The pace of business and the complexity of what we do requires high-energy, smart, focused, disciplined, honest and humble professionals — who are also fun to work with!