“Lots of room for growth with a strong, employee-minded company. Compensation based on experience and performance.”
All Packaging Company is a 45-year-old manufacturer of paperboard folding cartons – packaging used for branding and protecting products sold at retail. We are locally owned, with production plants in Denver and Salt Lake City. Our product mix is very broad, including foods, technology, medical, and most every market niche, with shipments into 40 states, Canada and Mexico. The company is consistently investing in new technologies in production machinery, hardware and software. We are viewed as one of the most innovative players in this industry. We utilize RADIUS ERP with 100% of our equipment linked and providing real-time data. APC’s investment in people, our most important asset, is reflected by a management team that averages over 15 years of employment with the company. And we have a terrific benefits program, of course. All Packaging currently has 200 employees, and a very strong balance sheet. In short – we work hard to make APC is an ideal place to work.
All Packaging Company is looking for an energetic and proactive team player to lead our accounting personnel, which includes an assistant controller and four plant accounting positions. This person reports to the Executive Vice President and will work with all senior managers to control and facilitate continuing business growth. The successful candidate will thrive in an atmosphere of fast-moving challenges, rolling up their sleeves and creating change by collaborating with and motivating employees throughout the company.
This position will have overall responsibility of managing all aspects of the accounting and financial systems, including the timely and efficient preparation of financial statements and management reports.
Specific Job Responsibilities
· Supervise the activities of all accounting personnel, with a detailed understanding of the processes and assumptions.
· Function as the Corporate Treasurer and Secretary.
· Support the development and management of all financial strategy, reporting capability, operations, cash management and payroll.
· Preparation and analysis of the month-end financial statements and presentation of the financial statements to the top leadership team.
· Completion and oversight of the month-end general ledger.
· Create annual budgets and quarterly rolling forecasts.
· Supervision of customer receivables, payables, customer credit, collections and cash management policies.
· Review and analysis of production costing data, with reports on variances and trends.
· Management of company internal controls and supervision of these processes.
· Participate in ongoing team efforts to drive cost and waste out of the organization.
· Maintain and manage relationships with CPA’s, lenders and insurance partners.
· Enjoy going to work!
· Bachelors or higher degree in Accounting or Finance.
· CPA certification and/or MBA is a benefit.
· A minimum of 5 years progressive accounting and supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Ensure adherence to generally accepted accounting practices and regulations, and applicable tax laws.
· Up-to-date knowledge of current financial and accounting computer applications.
· A proven track record of success facilitating organizational change and improvement.
· Strong Excel and analytical skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication, with effective interpersonal skills when communicating with customers and co-workers.
· Experience with high level and complex ERP systems.
· Detail-oriented and well organized. Ability to meet assigned deadlines
· Flexible, self-motivated, enthusiastic and resourceful, needing minimal direction.
· A strong leader with the ability to maintain the highest ethical standards.
About All Packaging Company:
All Packaging Company has grown dramatically over the past 10+ years, including the addition of a 2nd manufacturing plant (and almost 75 additional people in just the past three years, alone). Today, approximately 200 APC team members serve more than 300 brands across North America at a rate of ~ 1 mm cartons per day! The pace of business and the complexity of what we do requires high-energy, smart, focused, disciplined, honest and humble professionals — who are also fun to work with!