Ruby on Rails DeveloperThis job requires a Secret level ClearanceProgram Background:
This program is responsible for cloud innovation for the customer. This program is going through a transformation that leverages the Amazon Cloud Services (AWS) to build big data capabilities. The RUBY ON RAILS developer will be part of a transformation that leverages the Amazon Cloud Services (AWS) to build big data capabilities. The selected candidate must be aware of all activities associated with the design, test configuration, qualification, certification, operation, and requirements of the product/project. The SWE will support a large complex physical and AWS environment.Day to Day
Seeking an experienced Software Engineer with strong Ruby on Rails skills and experience. Candidate will work as a member of an Agile team developing and maintaining a development platform and a series of applications. Will perform full lifecycle software development tasks as a member of an integrated delivery team, including creating and refining user stories, designing and developing code, writing documentation, unit testing, conducting peer reviews, and coordinating installations and deployments with the operations team. May be expected to provide guidance and occasional training to other developers, either individually or in small groups.
- Candidate must have a good understanding of the MVC model and web application design and development.
- 2. Prior experience in a Linux and/or Windows environment.
- 3. Experience with shell scripting (vi)
- Candidate must be comfortable developing in a UNIX environment.
Must be a self-starter with good customer interface skills, able to work successfully on diverse tasks as a member of a small team, and be able to adapt and learn new technical concepts quickly with minimal outside help.Desired:
Demonstrated use of open-source packages
- AWS Cloud knowledge
- Agile/scrum experience.
- Automated testing experience using tools such as RSpec and/or Capybara.
- Experience with Jira/Greenhopper and/or GIT.
- Experience with OWF ozone widgeting framework.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as Cassandra, is highly desirable.
- Experience migrating data from legacy systems (extract-transform-load).
- Experience in a 24/7 environment.
- Good presentation skills, including comfort presenting technical material in a group setting.
TS/SCI with Polygraph.