Leverage your application development skills within a leading marketing analytics firm to global brands and leading agencies. As a platform engineer, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining applications that collect, format, and deliver data from many online sources. You will have an opportunity to apply your skills on our distributed cloud-based software systems that utilize technologies such as Python, Docker, Redshift, and Jenkins. You will be looked upon to work collaboratively with team members to develop interfaces to APIs, create data transformation tools, and actively participate in the evolution of our data collection platform.
· Team player who is willing to jump in and make things happen
· Strong command of web development principles
· Experience with Python or other software development language
· An understanding of data and its varying forms (JSON, XML, database)
· Experience with version control systems and processes
· Experience with software testing frameworks and processes
· Demonstrated ability to contribute new ideas to grow and evolve large data-centric applications
· Develop back-end web-based tools and control systems
· Deploy/Integrate tools using cloud based technologies and principles
· Participate in developing system/tool design and requirements
· Create test plans, test data sets and automate testing to ensure all components of the system meet specifications
· Analyze code for problem resolution and performance optimizations
· Provide technical consulting and respond to error reports, problems or questions
Additional Competencies a plus:
· Experience working with very large datasets
· Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
· Familiarity with infrastructure automation (Docker), server configuration (on AWS), and monitoring (Papertrail)
Alight Analytics delivers advertising agencies and brands powerful, actionable marketing analytics through ChannelMix, the world's first marketing data management platform. ChannelMix eliminates cumbersome data gathering by combining online data, offline data, sales data and custom data sources together systematically for a single source of truth, reducing the hours marketers spend each day prepping data for reporting. As a pioneer in the space, Alight has been helping marketers end the Data Death March since 2007.
ChannelMix, a Google Approved Technology, offers pre-built connections to many of the 2000 existing marketing tools and systems, plus can accommodate custom connections to any outliers, Excel files or proprietary systems. Alight does all the heavy lifting, including setting up the connections, building aggregated views, monitoring, data hygiene and ongoing management of the data, a unique service among competitors. Agencies and Brands can access their cleansed, consolidated data using any Business Intelligence tool, such as Tableau Software, BIME, DOMO, Microsoft BI, Qlik and SAS.
Alight Analytics was named a 2016 Awards For Excellence Nominee by the Digital Analytics Association, 2015 Stevie Award Winner, a 2015 Top 50 Google Technology Provider by CIO Review, a 2014 Smart Company to Watch by Thinking Bigger Business, a 2014 Best Place to Work by the Kansas City Business Journal, the 2014 Best Business Analytics Solution Provider by Innovation Enterprise, a 2014 25 Under 25 award winner by Thinking Bigger Business. Alight's Co-Founder, Michelle Jacobs, is a 2015 EY Entrepreneur of the Year and was named one of Ingram's 2014 40 Under Forty honorees.
Alight Analytics is a Google Analytics Certified Partner, a Google Analytics Authorized Premium Reseller, a Google Analytics Technology Partner, a Google Adwords Partner, a MarketLive Integrated Partner, an Amazon Web Services APN Consulting Partner, a Tableau Software Alliance Partner and part of the SAP HANA Startup Program.
99+ other people viewed this job.
Posted 18 days ago