Posted 2 years ago in Manufacturing/Operations
Transducer Assembler III
POSITION: Transducer Assembler III
FLSA: Nonexempt (hourly)
MANAGER: Sharon Clark
APPROVED BY DEPT MGR. & HR: 04/2013
JOB GRADE: 6
Performs a wide variety of electronic production assembly operations of a semi-skilled nature to build and assemble ultrasonic sensors. Prepares and solders ceramic elements for basic assembly use.
Observes all safety regulations, including but not limited to, personal protective equipment applicable to the use of electrical tooling and equipment applicable to the use of chemicals including isopropyl alcohol, flux, solder and epoxies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Reads Bill of Materials (BOMs) and Work Instructions verifies parts kit to Bill of Materials.
· Assembles (3) three to (12) twelve wire plastic, bronze, and monocast transducers, preparing the ceramic and housings as required per BOM, and at established standard rates.
· Uses cable strippers and fingers to remove outer jacket from cable.
· Uses manual or automatic strippers to strip insulation from cable wires.
· Strips insulation from wires located inside jacket using cable strippers.
· Tins each wire using flux and dips wires into solder pot.
· Places housing in fixed vice.
· Uses needle nose pliers and solders tip to melt bare wire into housing as required.
· Solders each wire into proper position.
· Labels all units with tracking label which is identified with a designated color or initial 6 to 8 inches from the transducer end, unless otherwise noted.
· Places finished product onto proper rack.
· Performs fault analysis of test rejects when assigned and determines proper solution. Applies hot glue or glue to ceramics or housings as required.
· Handles all PCBA’s according to ESD requirements.
· Passes all requirements for IPC solder training, Class II
· Per BOM, uses automated test systems and/or test each unit with appropriate test adapter for all functions using the digital short tester and meters.
· References historical test data for to assure product is within known good specification. Questions all outliers prior to encapsulation.
· Completes all required paperwork at the end of each work day, such as production postings, daily labor sheets, non-conforming cards.
· Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
· Performs other related duties as may be required or directed.
· Interfaces with engineering/lab personnel as required to confirm accuracy of Bill of Material and Work Instructions.
· Interacts positively as a team member with co-workers and supervision.
· Ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing or a combination of both.
· Ability to wear protective clothing such as safety glasses.
· Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
· Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
· Ability to endure periods of heavy workload
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: (2) two or more years soldering experience, preferably as a Transducer II.
EDUCATION: High School/G.E.D or equivalent experience.
BASIC SKILLS: include but are not limited to reading and comprehension, basic math skills and ability to use a standard ruler. Computer skills a PLUS.
Airmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer, proudly support Affirmative Action and workforce diversity.
Airmar has grown steadily since 1982 to become the world recognized leader in marine sensing technology. Holding numerous patents and manufacturing the broadest line of depth, speed, temperature, and Smart Sensors has made us the "standard" in the marine sensor market. Building on this foundation of excellence, Airmar has moved into ultrasonic transducers that operate in air for industrial use, as well as integrated sensors.
Browse assembler jobs in Milford, New Hampshire: