Provides tactical leadership in analyzing and forecasting the use of information technology for the enterprise. Manages the IT department, and implements the enterprise’s strategic options for the provision of information services. Recommends the most effective use of technology to support corporate business strategy and plans. Serves as resource in the implementation of new methods and procedures to improve the productivity of the enterprise. Assists in ensuring that the Company is in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Ensures performance is of the highest quality, consistent with the Company’s values and takes responsibility to help others to do the same.
- Assumes responsibility for staff training and development to insure high level of quality and customer service.
- Participates in a variety of committees as assigned.
- Provides corporate-wide leadership and direction in the management of information systems and services.
- Acts as guide and coach to Senior Managers and staff with respect to all matters involving Technology and Information Systems.
- Responsible for corporate local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), communications (voice, video, data), Information Systems development, strategic plan implementation, and general IT operations.
- Leads and coordinates the evaluation, procurement, installation, operation and monitoring of corporate-wide Information Systems (hardware, software, and services).
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships internally (with departments and employees) and externally (with technology vendors – service and product providers and consultants).
- Participates in the development, monitoring, and upgrading of effective systems, disaster recovery, and information security controls that will ensure compliance with all State and Federal laws and regulations, and with other protocols (such as GAAP).
- Participates with other Senior Managers and staff in vigorous efforts to identify ways to optimize the effective use of all Information Systems.
- Conducts ongoing research into technology developments with respect to the industry, and communicates relevant findings to Senior Managers.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum, preferably in Information Systems, advanced degree in Business is desirable;
- Six plus years of broad and relevant experience in the formulation, implementation, and management of information systems, and in the management of Information Technology departments and staff;
- Strong background in the management of communications systems, databases, information delivery systems, WAN and LAN networks, imaging, micro computing;
- Demonstrated project management skills, with experience managing multiple large-scale projects concurrently;
- Leadership skills such as:
- high ethical standards,
- effective written and oral communications,
- building high-performance teams,
- budget development and management,
- building trust,
- setting and meeting goals,
- employee recognition, a genuine sensitivity, understanding and support for the role and importance of Corporate Culture of the Company