Assures component functioning by researching and developing component engineering techniques and approaches; verifying and validating components; maintaining parts database.
* Determines component engineering issues by studying product functions, requirements, history, and failures; evaluating material changes; identifying and establishing performance standards.
* Organizes components program by preparing timetables, cost estimates, and required resources; assigning part numbers; driving parts standardization; evaluating and approving vendor information.
* Develops component plans by researching, analyzing, selecting, and applying component engineering concepts and criteria; adapting and modifying component options; developing and evaluating new component approaches; preparing drawings, schematics, and diagrams; collaborating with engineering design teams to design and select components; evaluating and recommending alternative components and materials; identifying and resolving component integration/interface issues; determining and establishing component specifications and safety standards.
* Verifies and validates component performance by establishing reliability, maintainability, and durability test standards; developing in-coming inspection and test procedures and standards and sampling plans; performing diagnostic procedures; conducting compatibility evaluations; analyzing test data; identifying, isolating, and resolving performance problems; evaluating failure analysis data from field returns; evaluating, selecting, and monitoring sub-contractors; conducting vendor quality audits.
* Documents components by recording component features, functions, operational requirements, and warnings; specifying operational training; detailing safety and support requirements; maintaining parts database.
*Review Bill of Materials (BOMs) for hi-reliability, obsolescence, hazardous substances and technical issues.
* Maintains engineering design team accomplishments by coordinating actions; obtaining expert input; reviewing open issues and action items; contributing information and engineering analysis to team meetings and reports; guiding engineering technicians.
* Supports component program by providing technical support; troubleshooting and resolving production problems related to component design and selection.
* Prepares component reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends; providing customer feedback.
* Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging component engineering technologies and practices; participating in educational opportunities and professional organizations; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
* Enhances engineering and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* Experience with RoHS, REACH, CE and other regulatory components highly desired.
Conceptual Skills, Analyzing Information , Decision Making, Verbal Communication, Presenting Technical Information, Analytical Tools, Supply Management, Control Engineering, Production Planning, Inventory Control, Innovation
Salary Career Level RequiredExperienced (Non-Manager) Experience Required2+ to 5 Years Education RequiredBachelor's Degree Job TypeEmployee Job StatusFull Time