Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
Duties And Position Requirements
The candidate will be responsible for the construction of modular electronic systems utilizing commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) hardware and configuration using COTS and proprietary software. The candidate will have experience in the electronic and / or mechanical assembly process. The candidate will be required to work in an environment where teamwork and individual collaboration is essential to success.
• Follow technical instructions, interpret engineering blueprints and technical terms.
• Discern quality of parts and materials used in production.
• Keep inventory of parts and tools used in the assembly process.
• Maintain the highest level of quality control and assurance in the manufacturing process.
• Follow all company guidelines and procedures and observe all safety precautions.
• Contribute to manufacturing improvements and processes using creativity.
• Maintain a well-organized and clean workspace.
Basic Skills and Qualifications:
• Excellent communication skills.
• Proficient in using power tools such as drills, power saws, and other tools.
• Proficient in using hand tools such as wrenches, screwdrivers, cutters, etc.
• An ability to build electronic systems including wires, screws and electrical components in an enclosure.
• A basic understanding of computer operating systems and networking.
• The ability to operate or basic understanding or soldering techniques with experience.
• Experience in working with cable, wire and termination technologies.
• A basic understanding of simple test equipment such as multi-meters and cable testers.
• Create and interpret technical documentation.
Please note: RAP LCAT 6302 requires 2 – 4 years or experience with a Bachelor’s degree, and per RAP agreement terms and conditions, the adjustment of relevant years of experience for education using a Bachelor’s degree as the base requirement for this Labor Category is as follows:
• + 4 years for PhD;
• + 2 years for Masters;
• – 2 years for Associates;
• – 4 years for High School Diploma
Skills and Qualifications a plus:
• A fundamental knowledge of electronic theory.
• Excellent computer skills in installing, configuring, and running operating systems such as Windows and Linux.
• Very skilled in soldering techniques and possesses the knowledge of soldering standards.
• Skilled in the machining and manipulation of metal, plastics, and composites.