Posted 3 years ago in Engineering
Project Controls Specialist Position Summary:
Process Safety Engineering firm in Houston is looking for a Project Controls Specialist. The Project Controls Specialist will be primarily responsible for supporting the operations or department manager and their project managers. The Project Controls Specialist will plan and execute the project controls requirements including: project financial management, evaluation of processes, develop work break down structures, and prepare reports and presentations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Create and maintain project schedules and resource planning. Coordinate schedule and resource planning with project management and technical leads.
· Perform Earn Value Management by analyzing variances in cost and schedule performance against planned as well as earned values, communicate any reasons for the issuance of variance and proposed mitigation plans to project management.
· Develop and implement the work break down structure and project coding structure for control and integrity of work to be performed per the contract.
· Interpret contract conditions to ensure compliance.
· Recommend solutions or recovery plans to schedule/cost impact or delays.
· Coordinate the review of project profit/risk analysis with management and provide status reporting.
· Develop targeted presentations on budget, schedule and metrics; perform financial reconciliations and resolve issues and actions related to contracts, subcontracts, schedules and risk. Prepare charts, graphs, tables, diagrams and reports to assist in analyzing and presenting data.
· Coordinate and direct the estimating functions on projects to provide guidelines and reports for responding to clients and management requirements.
· Maintain and support the office estimating database and information.
· Provide documentation control; generate technical reports from engineering data; ensure technical reports are up to date; assist in compiling project books; assist in compiling project progress and percent complete reporting.
· Electronic and paper project filing
· Prioritize and manage multiple projects.
· Must be able to work with internal and external clients. Work independently and within a team on projects.
· Able to travel as needed to project meetings, site investigations, vendor or subcontractor meetings, training at other office
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in an accounting, finance or engineering discipline or related field or
8 years experience in related role. Prefer engineering office experience.
· Advanced knowledge and capabilities in Microsoft Project required (5 years or more experience)
· Working knowledge of Primavera P6 Project Management, or its equivalent, a plus
· Advanced knowledge and capabilities in standard Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
· Experience using database and project management software and electronic file management.
Other Job Role Requirements:
· Ability to work independently, prioritize workload and deliver quality results on time while working on multiple projects simultaneously.
· Plan, delegate, and organize tasks to consistently produce results, with minimal supervision.
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Discretionary incentives and bonuses.
Excellent benefits package available includes:
To Apply for Project Controls Specialist:
Reply to this posting or e-mail your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Our company is full-service and hands on; providing direct advantages to our customers. By cutting down on communication channels and infrastructure costs, we save the client time and money. We pride ourselves on creating inventive solutions that help our clients present ideas, attract customers and improve their bottom line.
Browse project controls specialist jobs in Houston, Texas: