The purpose of this job is to design and develop hydraulics systems for new combine development products for on-schedule release to production. This role will work to achieve as-defined product deliverables including performance, reliability, quality, cost, weight, and serviceability targets.Summary of Duties:
· Uses combine technical expertise and product knowledge/experience
to coordinate the development of hydraulic systems for combine harvesters and associated equipment.
· Leads and coordinates hydraulic drives concepts in design reviews, field testing, and lab testing
· Assists design team with engineering work as projects require.
· Responsible for achieving hydraulic systems cost & weight targets.
· Coordinates cross-AGCO site design & testing activities (when required).
· Assists project manager in AMPIP documentation of engineering specifications & required project status presentations for respective combine product programs.
· Assists in developing applicable engineering specifications to meet project objectives.
· Prepares concepts, designs, development, and feasibility studies of complex engineering projects related to hydraulic systems.
· Coordinates computer simulation of hydraulic systems.
· Assist with test stand design, documentation of hydraulic system testing requirements, and coordinates hydraulic test stand & combine prototype builds.
· Works with electrical and electronic engineers to develop appropriate hydraulic control circuits.
· Keeps abreast of latest technological advancements to allow for development of innovative product designs to gain competitive market advantages for AGCO especially in the areas of hydraulic drives and controls.
· Potential to travel to suppliers, production plants, dealerships, customer job sites and field test locations related to the development of engineering projects and problems resolution.Education/Certifications
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from a 4-year accredited university. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Proficiency using Pro-E, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word is required.
- Strong leadership ability and good communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse people
- 5 years in engineering assignments to gain a mastery of complex engineering and manufacturability concepts.
- Ability to work in a team setting and to demonstrate positive attitude
- Good mechanical aptitude with ability to develop product concepts
- Ability to work flexibility in a dynamic environment
Special Job Dimensions
- Direct experience with agricultural equipment
- Knowledge of unique farming methods
- Travel will be required on an as-needed basis (Less than 30% predicted).
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.