Sorry, this job was closed 3 years ago. See all open Auto Claims Adjuster Jobs in Baton Rouge, LA
Auto Claims Adjuster - Training Provided
EXCITING NEW OPPORTUNITY FOR THOSE SEEKING A CAREER - NOT JUST A JOB
Recent growth in the company has lead to a need for more Claims Adjusters. We are looking for 8-10 candidates who are ready to start a career with advancement opportunities. Affirmative offers a casual work environment, Health benefits through Blue Cross Blue Shield, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, 401K, and Paid time off that start accruing the day you start. Selected candidates will be placed in a training program to gain the necessary skills, knowledge, and license to adjust auto claims.
Investigates and negotiates minor to complex auto claims that include collision, comprehensive, and physical damage which require a moderate amount of investigation to accurately determine coverage and liability based on the reported fact scenario. This will be done by conducting interviews with people involved in the accident, looking over police reports, and negotiating estimates for repairs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for claims that may involve significant coverage issues such as:
- Unlisted driver operating vehicle at Time of Loss.
- Non-permissive user of vehicle at time of loss.
- Other loss to VIN/Policy.
- Loss within 10 day coverage change report only.
- Policy cancellation.
Responsible for claims involving:
- All types of auto accidents from single vehicle to semi-complex multi vehicle losses.
- Insured vehicle rear ends claimant vehicle.
- Insured structure fixed property (mailbox, light pole, landscaping, fence, etc).
- Parking lot accidents.
- Insured vehicle struck building or large fixed property exposure.
- Any vehicle in the claim including possible total loss.
Responsible for investigating the presence of multiple coverage issues.
Responsible for rental management and tow storage mitigation.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- At minimum a Bachelor’s Degree and 2-4 years of professional work experience in customer service or sales.
- Ability to secure and maintain adjuster’s license within 90 days of hire
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills a must.
- Computer literate with excellent keyboarding skills.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Ability to work independently, think creatively and exercise strong, sound judgment.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, flexible. Strong orientation to customer service.
- Ability to establish credibility with internal and external customers and be decisive, while being able to recognize and support the Company's preferences and priorities.
- Demonstrated strong orientation to the team concept in operations.
- Ability to prioritize activities and projects. Skilled at time management and attention to administrative detail.
- Ability to process high volumes of work, while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize activities and projects. Skilled at time management and strong attention to administrative detail.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required. Preferred intermediate to advanced abilities in any/all of those applications.
About Affirmative Insurance Holdings, Inc.:
Affirmative Insurance Services, Inc. handles the marketing, policy administration, claim and actuarial functions for certain insurance carriers. With our three centrally located processing centers in Dallas, Baton Rouge and Chicago, Affirmative Insurance is able to provide dependable service along with a broad range of products to meet your unique personal insurance needs.
Specializing in non-standard automobile insurance, we manage personal lines insurance for our customers at a superior value. Our commitment to customer service is unwavering as we strive to attain the highest levels in the insurance industry. We will continue to listen to you, to assess your unique needs and exceed your expectations as we deliver dependable claims service. You can also count on the solid financial strength of your insurance carrier in order to give you greater confidence in the coverage chosen.
Posted date: 3 years ago
Browse Auto Claims Adjuster jobs in Baton Rouge, LA: