Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Stress Engineer Jobs in Wichita, KS
Structural Analysis/Stress Engineering
Apply knowledge of advanced structures analysis (e.g., modeling, static, fatigue, damage tolerance, etc.) and materials to determine structural adequacy and specific regulatory and qualification compliance. Apply knowledge of structural analysis, materials, and related regulatory and qualification requirements in order to collaborate on structural designs of products.
This opportunity requires an Engineering degree in civil, aero, mechanical or engineering mechanics OR Bachelors of Science in Math or Physics, preferably from an ABET accredited institution. Candidates should possess a minimum of four years aerospace structural analysis experience, excellent written and verbal communication skills and must be able to obtain an Individual Export Control License. Periodic business travel domestically and internationally may be required. Along with the ability to:
- Apply knowledge of advanced stress analysis (e.g., modeling, static, fatigue, damage tolerance, etc.) and materials to metallic and composite structures in order to determine structural adequacy and specific regulatory and qualification compliance
- Perform structural analysis utilizing classical hand analysis methods and computer applications
- Research, develop, analyze, and test company products using engineering and scientific principles to translate engineering and scientific concepts from preliminary ideas through product life cycle
- Research and develop materials and processes that support the translation from abstract concepts to functional products
- Integrate technical, cost, value, and safety considerations into the product definition to comply with customer, regulatory, and company requirements; document results in reports, specifications, and supporting data
- Interface with other members of project or program teams, management, and technical staff to define and implement engineering solutions to meet group, organization, and company objectives.
About Aerospace Manufacturer:
You don't just want a job. You want an opportunity to be part of something special.
Work for a recognized leader in the global aerostructures market. Our customers are some of the best known aerospace manufacturers in the business. That means our employees work with exciting technologies and materials to design and build some of the world's most popular aircraft. If you are looking for a company where you can make an impact right away, sharpen your skills, and be part of a dynamic culture, this is the place for you. Teamwork is essential. Diversity is more than just a slogan. Initiative and innovation are valued. Our employees are leaders in community involvement and civic responsibility. Our company has a reputation for strengthening the communities where we live and work.
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Stress Engineer jobs in Wichita, Kansas: