The role is responsible for promoting student success through accurate and responsive advisement in the areas of academics, student finance and service-related areas, providing support and advocacy as needed for students throughout the student lifecycle. This position is responsible and accountable for the advisement of students within their group and serving as a primary point of contact for the student(s) within their assigned portfolio. Function as a role model for our TEACH values and fosters a culture of CARE consistent with our mission, vision, and purpose.
- Supports the new student intake process by working with admissions to answer incoming student questions, provide a thorough review of program and student costs as well as outlining all possible options to fund their education
- Creates and confirms an accurate financial plan by establishing timeframes to complete any application process in order to be financially prepared to start and stay in school. Continuously reviews student account to advise students on their financial eligibility
- Using a high level of discretion and independent judgment, continuously evaluates the academic and financial plans throughout the student lifecycle and makes appropriate adjustments to ensure successful student outcomes
- Utilizes appropriate systems and student data to confirm and track accurate enrollment, persistence and graduation information for assigned students. Documents all interactions in the appropriate institutional systems
- Analyzes student data to identify triggers indicating a need for proactive outreach to obtain a better understanding of challenges and successes. Coaches students to explore alternatives to overcome barriers to persistence or graduation. Makes appropriate resource referrals when necessary
- Collaborates with other departments and functional areas to deliver an optimal student experience from inquiry through to graduation
- Maintains a thorough understanding of all academic and Title IV programs, policies and procedures including institutional policies and federal and state regulations. Complies with applicable federal and state lawsIdentifies opportunities and solutions that improve current methods and actively participates in the change of a constantly evolving organizationPromote student self-service tools during advising sessions and new student orientation
- Engages students through a variety communication channels. This may include video advising, inbound student calls and proactive outreach to students in order to deliver first contact resolution.
Completes other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Outstanding customer service skills with 1+ years of customer service or related experience required
- 1 year or more of experience in Higher Education is desirable
- Ability to work a variety of office hours including evenings and weekends
- High level of interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as function as part of a team
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize effectively
- PC skills in Microsoft Office, Internet applications and database software. Experience with Student Financial Aid software application a plus
- Eligible to obtain and maintain systems access to the NSLDS system (must not be in default of Title IV Federal aid)
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
Since our founding in 1931, DeVry University has focused on delivering a different kind of education – one based on experiential learning with real-world applications. When you join our team, you’re choosing an institution that serves students who are different, too: a diverse group of go-getters from all walks of life.
We know our colleagues are integral to the success of the institution. At DeVry, we’re guided by our culture of care, and we embrace values that teach us to care for students, self and colleagues. It’s one way we position our colleagues for success.
We are looking for engaged, caring colleagues to join our organization in serving our students. We take extra pride in our dedicated support teams, as well as our outstanding faculty members who have often worked for years in the fields that they teach. We believe all our colleagues deserve opportunities to reach their goals. Whether it’s career advancement, maintaining a healthy lifestyle or saving for retirement, our comprehensive benefits and professional development offerings can help you meet your goals.
If you want to be a part of an institution focused on providing high-quality education, care and attention, we invite you to apply for a position today.