Business Intelligence Data Developer PRS3730
Location: Hartford, CT
Length: 3 Months
Type of Contract: Temporary to Hire Possibility for right candidate
4+ years of design and development experience 4+ years data integration
4+ years Microsoft SQL Server experience 2+ years of Technical Lead or Team Lead experience. Experience working in a matrixed organization
We are looking for an experienced Microsoft Developer who also has experience in a number of other technologies like Cognos, SQL Server, etc. The ideal candidate will have leadership abilities and some experience, Microsoft client and server infrastructure knowledge, solid knowledge of the software release lifecycle, strong multi-tiered application and database development abilities. This role focuses on the delivery and development of new solutions and functionality that align with our department’s strategic platform vision. The position blends design and programming work with some minimal technical oversight of consulting resources. Based on the experience of the applicant this position will be filled at either the Associate Information Engineer or Information Engineer level.
Ideal candidate will have an understanding of:
- Experience with relational database management systems like Oracle, SQL Server 2005 and above, etc. especially in the development of data marts and data warehouses to deliver data access to our business partners
- Optional yet desired experience with ETL tools, Cognos, Microsoft Analysis Services
- Transforms business specifications into cost-effective information systems applications through resource plans and prioritizes work within established budget objectives
- Good research, analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills, coupled with exceptional oral and written communication skills, and be a proven contributor in a team environment
- Provides the project manager/supervisor with timely and accurate information regarding the performance of the assigned projects
- Builds and leverages effective alliances across the technical and business community ensuring the best utilization of resources
- Ability to train other information engineers and client staff in designing and developing applications
- Underlying technical architecture for systems in the financial and operational information systems area with an Insurance applications background
- Experience with full life cycle development including structure test phases is desired.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies and their applications is desired.
- Ability to develop and present technical concepts to a business audience is desired.
- Ability to rapidly learn technical/business techniques and disciplines
- Strong commitment to high quality work and timely deliverables
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Insurance knowledge is a plus
Bachelor in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Statistics, or Mathematics with 4+ years of Microsoft systems development experience preferred plus an additional 2-3 years of hands-on experience utilizing Business Intelligence tools such as Cognos. The qualified candidate should also have experience working with databases, data marts, ETL tools and/or business intelligence tools.
Candidate must have very good SQL programming capabilities as well as significant experience in many types of project development work (maintenance, small to large). Candidate must have very good communication and interpersonal skills and be detail-oriented, self-motivated and proactive, as evidenced by prior experience in root cause identification and issue escalation.
Has a solid working knowledge of capabilities and direction of technology, coupled with an in-depth knowledge of the technology required and the needs of business environment necessary to support assigned projects. Develops solutions to meet business needs that reflect a clear understanding of the objectives, practices and procedures of the corporation, department and business unit.
About ADPI LLC:
ADPI, LLC Premier IT Staffing Company dealing with LARGE Direct Clients Only.
Posted 3 years ago