Acxiom Corporation is currently seeking a Desktop Support Technician for our Downers Grove, IL location:
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Designs, constructs, tests and implements Data Loss Prevention solutions. Monitors, identifies and resolves infrastructure problems.
• Verifies stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of solutions.
• Adheres to various processes including incident management and change management processes.
• Responds to client/stakeholder problems in a timely manner, prioritizing multiple issues based on the severity of the case.
• Updates tickets with clear, concise and detailed documentation, including all communications regarding work, emails, phone calls and service attempts.
• Standardizes, automates and/or streamlines work processes as appropriate to drive consistency in approach and increase efficiency. Identifies proactive approaches to minimize reactive modes. Identifies and diagnoses areas of design, maintenance and/or process improvement.
• Reviews/audits infrastructure, identifies gaps and provides gap analysis.
• Develops, maintains and shares best practices.
• Keeps informed and evaluates the latest industry news, trends, products, services, competitors and relevant existing and emerging technologies.
· 2+ years of demonstrated experience troubleshooting PC desktop issues is required.
· Experience with Windows XP, Win 7, Operating Systems.
· Must be proficient in PC peripherals including but not limited to printers, External storage drives, and PDAS.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products.
· Strong interpersonal, communication skills.
· Basic understanding of network fundamentals.
· Ability to lift and move printers and desktop computers.
· Analytical and problem solving skills.