“Known through the state for the services we provide to those with disabilities.”
Under the general direction of the Employment Services Regional Manager, the Job Coach II is responsible for the development of potential jobs for individuals with disabilities through on-going networking in the community and Vocational Rehabilitation. This position will execute work adjustment training working with vocational rehabilitation clients as well as job search/placement and retention. Further responsibilities include: job coaching and offering support services for clients. Janitorial/Custodial background very helpful and will be considered in place of other education/training.
· To coordinate resources in order to develop employment and on-the-job training opportunities and work sites for clients.
· To market benefits of employing individuals with disabilities.
· To eliminate any misconceptions which exclude individuals with disabilities from employment opportunities.
· To continuously network throughout the community.
· To assist in the basic implementation of specific job tasks.
· To assist in the report writing regarding the participant’s on the job performance
· To maintain on-going communication with the Employment Services Supervisor.
· To provide on-the-job training on campus or establish work site with VR client
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Language (Communication)
Must have excellent communication skills both oral and written. Must have the ability to write clearly and concisely.
Must be able to perform basic arithmetic calculations.
Excellent observational skills. Ability to demonstrate sensitivity and awareness of individuals of all disabilities.
Must have the ability to project professionalism and amicability as an Agency representative. Must attend and become certified in CPR and First Aid within the first sixty (60) days of employment.
ATTENDANCE: Must have strong attendance; not be late excessively.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bilingual (English / Spanish) preferred.
At least one (1) year of related experience working with individuals with disabilities or in social services preferred.
· Valid Driver’s License
This position requires a valid Arizona Driver’s license. Must be insurable under the Agency’s auto insurance policy.
· Pass background check inclusive of Excluded Provider List System (EPLS) and the Health and Human Services (HHS) List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE). Must be able to pass/receive a Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card.
· Hepatitis B/TB Test
· Health Certifications (required for food handling)
SALARY: $12.00 - $14.00/hr. depending on education and experience. Full Time, Non-Exempt position.
SELECTION: Only employees who have completed an application will be considered for employment. Applicants will be rated based upon evaluation of their qualifications, experience, and training.
About Achieve Human Services:
ACHIEVE is a Community Rehabilitation Program (CRP) who continues to serve Individuals seeking employment training and career opportunities. Our Agency is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that has been in existence for over 50 years, predominantly focusing on services in Rural AZ. We currently offer a vast range of services in the following areas: Yuma – Corporate Head Quarters, San Luis, Somerton, Wellton, Gadsden, Casa Grande, and Maricopa.
Company address:3151 N. Piper Avenue Unit B117 Casa Grande, AZ 85122