Set-up and operate one or more CNC Lathes or CNC Swiss-type screw machine in a contemporary, high-tech manufacturing environment. Monitors the status, war and efficiency of all tools as they process custom, high-precision products. Performs series of machining operations, such as turning, grooving, drilling, boring, threading and milling on metal bar stock. Interprets and understands blueprints and Work Order for such information as dimensions, tolerances and process operations to be machined. Verify conformance of work piece to blueprint specifications, using various inspection equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Possess a responsible and proactive attitude, meet attendance guidelines and handle assignments in an exemplary manner.
- Uphold company core values and company’s lean management systems.
- Create and maintain a respectful work environment by listening, seeking facts to support decisions, determining root cause for all variation from standards.
- Performs and supports continuous improvement philosophy and activities
- Agree to further education and development by attending both internal and external classes and seminarPromote safety and ensure a safe work environment and safe work habits.
- Ensure adherence in company policy and procedures.
- Share information and collaborate for process improvement throughout the value stream.
- Participate on teams; utilize A3 forms; take initiative in team problem solving.
- Demonstrate initiative and independent judgment for managing work, assisting team members, addressing unforeseen problems, improving value stream performance and notifying value stream coordinator and/or value stream leader of problems or discrepancies.
- Ability to perform all necessary setup tasks on a CNC Lathe or CNC Swiss-type screw machine platforms and attached barfeeder. Examples: Proper removal and mounting and setting of all necessary cutting tools, installation and adjustment of collets and bushings, perform MDI functions, edit function and barfeed change over and its settings, etc, etc.
- Have a solid understanding of machines and control functions and their options.
- Possess an intermediate to advanced knowledge of program deciphering.
- Ability to make adjustments and changes to the process when parts are out of tolerance.
- Possess an intermediate to advanced skill level in blueprint reading.
- Possess a intermediate to advanced knowledge of cutting tool types and applications
- Start machine and examine for normal operation.
- Replace worn tools and adjust machine tool offsets to keep dimensions within specified tolerances.
- Ability to operate secondary machinery to perform secondary operations simultaneously with running job, whenever possible.
- May use statistical process control techniques.
- Perform daily preventive maintenance tasks.
- Must work within SOP guidelines.
- Verify conformance of work piece using various inspection equipment such as micrometers, calipers, visual comparator, indicators and various gages.
- Understand and adhere to 5S standards and policies.
- Perform all other job duties as required.
- Must be able to perform tasks with a full range of motion such as crouching, stooping, kneeling, bending at the waist, and reaching overhead occasionally..
- Must be able to lift, push, or pull 10-50 pounds frequently.
- Must have fine motor hand dexterity.
- Excellent sight and visual perception is required for reading machine dial gauges, blueprints and precision measuring instruments.
- Excellent hearing ability to monitor machine sounds to identify and diagnose changes in order to take appropriate action.
AccuRounds is a uniquely different high precision machining company known around the world as an industry leader with the highest standards. We specialize in the machining of custom cylindrical components, intricate shafts and miniature pins; such as feed rollers for graphic imaging equipment, medical bone reamers for orthopedic surgery, firing pins for military equipment, valves for oil/gas pumps and guide shafts for power generation. The superior quality of our parts will improve the performance of our customers products. We work with all types of material including stainless steel, titanium, plastics and exotics. In addition, we offer value-added sub-assemblies.
ISO 9001:2008; ISO 13485; AS9100C
Second generation, private, family-owned company. Limited bureaucracy. Significant opportunity to directly impact the organization.
Team oriented culture.
Opportunity to significantly improve the corporation performance and culture towards driving continuous improvement.
The company is highly driven to organically grow with products, quality and service.
Position is based in Avon, MA
Family oriented, Southeast Boston lifestyle, near multiple universities and strong civic activities.
Cultural, entertainment, and sports activities associated within the region.
2006 Silver Medal Northeast Shingo Prize.