Posted 1 year ago in Manufacturing/Operations
· Sets up and operates one or more centerless grinding machines to grind external cylindrical or tapered surfaces of rotating metal, aluminum, plastic workpieces to blueprint specifications, following instructions and applying knowledge of grinding procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Reads blueprint and job order for product specifications, such as dimensions, tolerances, and number of parts to be ground.
· Lifts and positions workpiece manually or with hoist, and secures it on work rest.
· Starts machine and observes operation.
· Verifies dimensions of ground workpiece for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, calipers, and preset gauges.
· Changes worn grinding wheels, using wrenches.
· Set up any of the accessories required to perform grinding operation.
· Communicates with co-workers and supervisor to receive instructions and coordinate activities.
· Inspects and measures parts to maintain statistical process control charts as needed.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
· Training and Experience: Vocational education, work experience, or apprenticeship.
· Physical Demands: The employee is required to:
· stand, walk, push, turn, and pull at waist level.
· rarely bend to the floor.
· exert 50 pounds of force rarely and with lifting assistance, and/or
· exert 15 to 30 pounds of force occasionally, and/or
· exert 5 to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or
· exert up to < 3 lbs pounds of force constantly to move objects
· Visual Acuity: Near acuity and accommodation are required for reading machine dial gauges, blueprints, and precision measuring instruments used in the inspection of parts.
· Hearing Ability: Ability to monitor machine sounds to identify and diagnose changes in order to take appropriate action.
· Working Conditions:
· normal noise levels from operating machines
· exposure to oils and cutting fluids – rubber gloves provided as needed
· may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
· Manufactures quality parts.
· Produces parts in a timely manner as compared to historical data.
· Identifies/reports problems with machine or machining process to avoid scrap.
· Learns and performs job related tasks with instruction.
· Maintains a flexible outlook in operating equipment
· Prepares paperwork accurately.
· Participates in the Quest – the company’s world class continuous process improvement program
· Abides by the company values
· Maintains a good attendance record
AccuRounds is a uniquely different high precision machining company known around the world as an industry leader with the highest standards. We specialize in the machining of custom cylindrical components, intricate shafts and miniature pins; such as feed rollers for graphic imaging equipment, medical bone reamers for orthopedic surgery, firing pins for military equipment, valves for oil/gas pumps and guide shafts for power generation. The superior quality of our parts will improve the performance of our customers products. We work with all types of material including stainless steel, titanium, plastics and exotics. In addition, we offer value-added sub-assemblies.
ISO 9001:2008; ISO 13485; AS9100C
Second generation, private, family-owned company. Limited bureaucracy. Significant opportunity to directly impact the organization.
Team oriented culture.
Opportunity to significantly improve the corporation performance and culture towards driving continuous improvement.
The company is highly driven to organically grow with products, quality and service.
Position is based in Avon, MA
Family oriented, Southeast Boston lifestyle, near multiple universities and strong civic activities.
Cultural, entertainment, and sports activities associated within the region.
2006 Silver Medal Northeast Shingo Prize.
Browse centerless grinder jobs in Avon, Massachusetts: