Sorry, this job was closed 5 months ago. See all open Assistant Manager Jobs in Houston, TX
Aviation Assistant Manager - Bush Intercontinental Airport
Compensation$37,000 to $45,000 Annually
Benefits OfferedDental, Medical, Vision, Life, 401K
Why Work Here?
“Great benefits and opportunities for growth!”
AccuFleet is looking for a “hands-on” operations Assistant Manager, willing to do whatever it takes to ensure the success of our Newark Airfield service operation. The Assistant Manager will be responsible for all aspects of field operations, for efficiently and profitably managing and directing all ramp activities and for providing a safe, quality product covering a range of airline field services to customers. While the vast majority of our current field services are performed in the evenings and overnight, this position is a 24/7 job, and the assistant manager will be expected to “be there” whenever needed to ensure the successful operation and delivery of services to customer. AccuFleet looks forward to finding the right candidate to help grow our IAH facility.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY:
The Station Manager position requires:
- The ability to communicate effectively in English with written and oral skill.
- The ability to use mathematical operations (addition, subtraction, etc.).
- Knowledge of modern office procedures and methods including telephone communication, office systems, and record keeping.
- Skills to use a personal computer and various software packages.
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems.
- Organizing and seeing to the safe and appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to accomplish certain work.
- Knowledge of principles and processes involved in business and organizational planning, coordination, and execution.
- The ability to understand and organize a problem and then select a method to solve the problem.
- Adjusting actions in relation to others actions.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for directing people including their relative cost, advantages, and limitations.
- The Manager must be a self-starter and have the ability to use time management skills to maximize daily production.
- Knowledge of safety and security operations, rules, regulations, precautions, prevention's and the protection of people, data, and property.
- Knowledge of policies and practices involved in personnel/human resource functions this includes recruitment, selection, training, regulations, procedures, and labor relations.
The Assistant Manager is responsible for successfully managing the functional operations of their station. Directs and coordinates activities of workers engaged in providing services to customers, trains new employees and enforces safety rules. Manages preparation of work schedules and monitors work performance. Manages inventory of supplies & maintenance of equipment. Ability to decipher information and find root causes. Directly reports to the Station Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Records information such as personnel, production and operational data on specified forms and reports.
- Suggests and initiates personnel actions such as promotions, transfers, discipline and hires.
- Directs crew leads and supervisors engaged in daily activities including creating schedules & providing training.
- Examines and inspects work progress, equipment, materials and work sites to verify safety, manage chemical inventory levels and ensure that specifications are met.
- Explains and demonstrates work task to new workers or assigns workers to experienced workers for further training.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods and equipment performance to increase efficiency and safety.
- Confers with customers, managers, supervisors, and other personnel to exchange information and resolve problems.
- Enforces compliance of operations personnel with administrative policies, procedures, safety rules and government regulations.
- Measures quality, safety and productivity.
- Gives work directions, resolves problems, prepares schedules and sets deadlines to ensure timely completion of work.
- Investigates causes of accidents or injuries to develop solutions to minimize or prevent recurrence.
- Prepares reports of findings from investigations of accidents, inspection of facilities and injuries.
- Practices safe work methods.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
This position supervises operations employees and is responsible for the performance of employees within that department.
This job operates in both a professional office environment and an outdoor operations environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time position. It will require at least and often exceeding 40 hours per week. This position regularly requires long hours and frequent after hours or weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
It is the policy of AccuFleet to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, reduction of workforce and termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, selection for training, the use of all facilities, and participation in all company-sponsored employee activities. Provisions in applicable laws providing for bona fide occupational qualifications, business necessity or age limitations will be adhered to by the company where appropriate.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About AccuFleet International:
Since 1981 AccuFleet International has furnished fast and flawless appearance care services for the aviation industry, from cleaning seat covers and cushions to carpets and exterior washing. Along the way we introduced better quality cleaning solutions, cost saving inventory management, incorporated the latest technology and expanded our services to include logistics, and FAA flammability testing.From the beginning, aviation has remained our only emphasis and this focus continues today. Our first client is one of the largest international air carriers in the world. We are proud to say that we still handle all their interior appearance challenges and have been their exclusive upholstery manager.Headquartered in Houston, Texas, we serve hundreds of aircraft each day through our multiple locations covering more than 25 airports in North America and Canada to deliver consistent quality, competitive pricing and world-class services.
AccuFleet International is an Equal Employment Opportunity Company.
Posted date: 5 months ago
Browse Assistant Manager jobs in Houston, TX:
Customer Service Assistant Manager Trainee - Entry Level
Houston Expansion - Hiring Immediately! in Houston, TX
Posted 7 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Assistant Manager and Supervisors
85C Bakery Cafe in Houston, TX
Posted 16 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Light Bulb Depot in Houston, TX
Posted 16 days ago on ZipRecruiter