Posted 2 years ago in Information Technology
Job Title: Technical Writer III
# Positions: 1
90 day contract-to-hire
The primary responsibility of this position will be to work on documentation projects such as user manuals, installation manuals, internal technical guides, online help, and tutorials. The position requires effective planning, scheduling, research, and writing skills.
• Researches, outlines, and writes new documentation that is technically accurate and that conforms to the company's writing style. This includes but not limited to:
o Internal guides for technical audiences
o Reference materials
o Online help and documentation for end users
o Release notes
o Installation guides
o End user materials
o Other materials as needed
1. Development of technical documentation, help files, and other product materials.
2. Planning, estimation, and scheduling of documentation activities
3. Documentation of software, processes, installation procedures
4. Ensuring that documentation follows style guidelines
5. Management of documentation change requests.
• BS/BA/equivalent in computer information technology, computer science, management systems, Journalism, professional writing or related discipline or MBA/MS in a related discipline.
• 8 plus years as a Technical Writer with experience that developed a thorough understanding of software documentation techniques.
• Previous experience using MadCap Flare, RoboHelp, or another documentation tool
• Must have experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
• Strong project management skills
• Excellent communication, assertiveness, and organizational skills
• General application knowledge and user awareness
• Strong understanding of software documentation process and techniques
• Excellent editing skill
• Ability to work well with others
• Self-motivation and initiative.
The A.C.Coy Company is a national technical consulting and recruiting firm with its corporate headquarters located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The A.C.Coy Team is very proud of the fact that we have been providing outstanding, quality-based staffing services, to both our clients and candidates for over twenty-five (25) years.
At A.C.Coy, we are committed to working with clients to understand their business inside and out and to earn a level of trust that goes beyond the typical client/supplier relationship. We enjoy lasting, ongoing relationships with our clients and consider ourselves a partner in their success.
THE A.C.COY ADVANTAGE
At A.C.Coy, we focus heavily on Quality Relationships with our clients and candidates. As a Partner, we believe in sharing the risks and rewards associated with targeted endeavors, both short and long term. We offer several of our primary quality-based service offerings as incentive differentiators.
Browse technical writer jobs in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania: