Posted 2 years ago in Information Technology
Title: Sr. Cognos Developer - must be U.S. citizen
Salary= $95 to 100K
This is a Senior COGNOS Developer position, responsible for deploying COGNOS; designing, implementing, and enhancing existing reporting infrastructure; and enhancing the strategic analytical capabilities of the client. This position will use business intelligence tools to develop professional level dashboards and reporting, which will provide executive and PM level users with key information to support day-to-day operations and ongoing business decision making. This position is highly technical and will focus on the COGNOS deployment, coding COGNOS dashboards & reports, and SQL programming, but also requires strong analytical skills and the ability to learn business processes and understand interaction with other systems and divisions. The candidate would be part of a small team leading CONGOS support and would be expected to have experience in designing, developing, and deploying applications with COGNOS and other BI tools.
This candidate will:
• Collaborate with stakeholders to obtain a greater understanding of the needs of the business and the types of analysis that supports business goals.
• Evaluate technical options for meeting user requirements.
• Create and manage reporting solutions that are user friendly and flexible to easily satisfy future reporting requests and accommodate a changing business landscape.
• Manage COGNOS environment and maintain implementation over time
• Create dashboards, automated reports, email notifications and other reporting solutions using COGNOS suite of products.
• Support user groups.
• Facilitate a UAT process with business owners to ensure product meets their needs, functions correctly, and produces accurate results.
• Communicate with users about updates and ensure proper change control process is in place to track updates and maintain accuracy of data.
• Answer questions and troubleshoot data issues that require fast turnaround.
• Identify reporting enhancement opportunities, documenting suggested resolution, and updating code as agreed upon by users.
• Work with other IT divisions and business partners to address reporting concerns and ensure data integrity and availability.
• Identify and implement efficiency improvements in recurring reporting while maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the data.
• Participate in cross-functional project teams as reporting subject matter expert to identify critical reporting requirements.
This role will also include:
• Working with vendor on product issues
• Participation on project teams
• Assisting application developers
• Consulting on projects and other development efforts across departments
• Must have minimum of 8 years of related experience deploying BI tools, developing BI reports, dashboards, and or queries.
• Must be a technical expert in the deployment and use of COGNOS
• Must be able to work on more than one BI project at a time
• Must be able to work independently under general direction
• Must be able to perform analysis that is diverse and complex
• Must have strong communication and documentation skills
• Must have a balance of customer service and technical skills
• Must have a working knowledge and/or experience in Data Warehousing (ETL, Data Analysis, etc.) concepts•
• Must have a working knowledge of SQL
• Must have a working knowledge of Cognos 8 and/or 10
• Oracle 10/11 experience required
• Relational and Dimensional Modeling required
• Understanding of testing principles, concepts and/or tools required
The A.C.Coy Company is a national technical consulting and recruiting firm with its corporate headquarters located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The A.C.Coy Team is very proud of the fact that we have been providing outstanding, quality-based staffing services, to both our clients and candidates for over twenty-five (25) years.
At A.C.Coy, we are committed to working with clients to understand their business inside and out and to earn a level of trust that goes beyond the typical client/supplier relationship. We enjoy lasting, ongoing relationships with our clients and consider ourselves a partner in their success.
THE A.C.COY ADVANTAGE
At A.C.Coy, we focus heavily on Quality Relationships with our clients and candidates. As a Partner, we believe in sharing the risks and rewards associated with targeted endeavors, both short and long term. We offer several of our primary quality-based service offerings as incentive differentiators.
Browse senior cognos developer jobs in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania:
Cor-Tech LLC - Monroeville, PA
Posted 12 days ago on ZipRecruiter - ZipApply
Dicks Sporting Goods - Pittsburgh, PA
Posted 17 days ago on ZipRecruiter - ZipApply
Thermo Fisher Scientific - PITTSBURGH, PA
Posted 5 days ago on the web