Posted 2 years ago in Information Technology
This is a mid level Cisco Engineer.
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
PAY: UP TO $ 76,000 /YR
The Infrastructure Analyst/Network Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability and integrity of in-house voice, data, video, and wireless network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization. In addition, the Network Engineer will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
Strategy & Planning
· Collaborate with management and department leaders to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs.
· Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
· Develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
Acquisition & Deployment
· Design and deploy company LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, routers, switches, UPSs, and other hardware.
· Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
· Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
· Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
· Ensure network incidents are documented and communicated to stakeholders and management and recovered on a timely basis.
· Strictly adhere to departmental Change Management practices and policies.
· Proactively monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
· Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of Network Hardware.
· Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, fax machines, and other network appliances.
· Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
· Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
· Participate in managing all network security solutions.
Knowledge & Experience
· Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, WLAN, and WWAN design and implementation.
· Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
· Strong, hands-on technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Windows and Cisco IOS.
· Knowledge of telephony systems and Cisco Unified Communications.
· Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards, including Cisco routers, switches, PIXs, and ASA, TCP/IP, EIGRP, BGP, HTTP, RTP, DHCP, DNS, MPLS, Frame-Relay.
· Strong hardware troubleshooting experience.
· Application support experience using various networking tools. Interaction with application owners(using OPNET preferred).
· Competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits.
· Experience in Energy and/or Utility industry is preferred.
· Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
· Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
· Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
· Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
· Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Strong customer service orientation.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· On-call rotation required.
· Sitting for extended periods of time.
· Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
· Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
· Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Formal Education & Certification
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology
· At least two years of related experience in the areas listed above
· Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· Willingness and availability to be on-call.
· Certifications in Cisco routing and switching preferred
PLEASE SEND RESUME TO CHERYL@ACCOY.COM
The A.C.Coy Company is a national technical consulting and recruiting firm with its corporate headquarters located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The A.C.Coy Team is very proud of the fact that we have been providing outstanding, quality-based staffing services, to both our clients and candidates for over twenty-five (25) years.
At A.C.Coy, we are committed to working with clients to understand their business inside and out and to earn a level of trust that goes beyond the typical client/supplier relationship. We enjoy lasting, ongoing relationships with our clients and consider ourselves a partner in their success.
THE A.C.COY ADVANTAGE
At A.C.Coy, we focus heavily on Quality Relationships with our clients and candidates. As a Partner, we believe in sharing the risks and rewards associated with targeted endeavors, both short and long term. We offer several of our primary quality-based service offerings as incentive differentiators.
Browse cisco engineer jobs in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania: