This position performs daily building operations tasks such as: preventative maintenance, building maintenance, and liaising and addressing client issues and concerns. This position reports to the Site Supervisor, Operations Manager, or Property Manager depending on the facility.
• Performs daily building operations tasks.
• Monitors and liaises with maintenance staff and subcontractors while they are on-site.
• Ensures preventative maintenance and regular maintenance programs are completed in accordance with company standards
• Valid 5th or 4th Class Power Engineers Certificate
• Minimum two years(in-some cases additional building experience is required) hands-on building operations experience, preferably in a commercial building environment
• Valid Driver’s License and clean Driver’s Abstract
• Strong customer care skills
• Excellent knowledge of building systems
• Completion of the following health and safety training: WHMIS, Leadership for Safety Excellence, Confined Space/Monitor, Emergency First Aid.
• Good client and employee relations skills
• Building Operations and Maintenance
Makes building rounds to inspect equipment for safe operation and proper maintenance.
Regular building surveillance tours to look for and identify building concerns, review logs, identify opportunities, and ensure that there are no building operational abnormalities or inefficiencies.
Maintains a daily record of activity (time card or log book).
Authorizes and approves of expenses not exceeding $500.00. Reviews and approves of expenses directly related to work performed at the managed sites other than recurring monthly costs and expenses.
Building maintenance and repairs
ensures that OH&S legislation and regulations are being adhered to as per Safety Program.
Responds immediately to emergencies both during regular working hours and after hours when on call (in accordance with the call cycle).
• Preventative Maintenance
Completes preventative maintenance responsibilities and related documentation in accordance with the Preventative Maintenance Program.
Monitors certain preventative maintenance requirements that are completed by a qualified subcontractor (i.e., fire alarm inspections, backflow preventer inspections, annual chiller preventative maintenance).
Performs routine preventative maintenance and inspections of all mechanical equipment including air handling units, pumps, chillers, heat exchangers, and compressors.
Updates preventative maintenance records (cards or other maintenance system such as CMMS).
• Contract Knowledge
Ensures specified standards are adhered to in accordance with contract provisions.
Maintains an auditable water treatment program adhering to all approved parameters.
• Client Relations
Attends monthly client or owner meetings if requested to do so.
Portrays a favorable image of the organization as the front-line contact with clients/tenants and sub-contractors, including wearing proper attire and identification. Demonstrates excellence, enterprise, and enthusiasm in their association with co-workers and clients. Performs other related duties as assigned.
This position pays $55,000 + excellent benefits and room for growth. For immediate consideration, please call Abby Rubin (604)836-2672 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
About Abby Rubin Personnel:
My client is a large commercial property management firm.
Posted 1 year ago